Ignorance and Competence in Choices Under Uncertainty
AbstractWe propose a model of decision making that captures reluctance to bet when the decision maker (DM) perceives that she lacks adequate in- formation or expertise about the underlying contingencies.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Insper Working Paper, Insper Instituto de Ensino e Pesquisa in its series Insper Working Papers with number wpe_323.
Date of creation: Oct 2013
Date of revision:
Other versions of this item:
- Paulo Casaca & Alain Chateauneuf & José Heleno Faro, 2013. "Ignorance and Competence in Choices Under Uncertainty," Working Papers 2013-029, Department of Research, Ipag Business School.
- D81 - Microeconomics - - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty - - - Criteria for Decision-Making under Risk and Uncertainty
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Chateauneuf, Alain & Faro, José Heleno, 2009. "Ambiguity through confidence functions," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 45(9-10), pages 535-558, September.
- Simone Cerreia-Vioglio & Fabio Maccheroni & Massimo Marinacci & Luigi Montrucchio, 2008.
"Uncertainty Averse Preferences,"
Carlo Alberto Notebooks
77, Collegio Carlo Alberto.
- Heath, Chip & Tversky, Amos, 1991. " Preference and Belief: Ambiguity and Competence in Choice under Uncertainty," Journal of Risk and Uncertainty, Springer, vol. 4(1), pages 5-28, January.
- Chateauneuf, Alain, 1991. "On the use of capacities in modeling uncertainty aversion and risk aversion," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 20(4), pages 343-369.
- Wakker, Peter, 1990. "Characterizing optimism and pessimism directly through comonotonicity," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 52(2), pages 453-463, December.
- Fox, Craig R & Tversky, Amos, 1995. "Ambiguity Aversion and Comparative Ignorance," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, MIT Press, vol. 110(3), pages 585-603, August.
- Ghirardato, Paolo & Marinacci, Massimo, 2002. "Ambiguity Made Precise: A Comparative Foundation," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 102(2), pages 251-289, February.
- Wakker, Peter P, 2001. "Testing and Characterizing Properties of Nonadditive Measures through Violations of the Sure-Thing Principle," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 69(4), pages 1039-59, July.
- Frederic Teulon, 2014. "La critique de Lucas : Robert Lucas et la politique économique," Working Papers 2014-567, Department of Research, Ipag Business School.
- Frederic Teulon, 2014. "A propos de Walras et de la théorie de l’équilibre général," Working Papers 2014-556, Department of Research, Ipag Business School.
- Frederic Teulon, 2014. "Ce que nous devons à Paul Samuelson (1915-2009)," Working Papers 2014-560, Department of Research, Ipag Business School.
- Frederic Teulon, 2014. "George Stigler : combat pour la déréglementation," Working Papers 2014-570, Department of Research, Ipag Business School.
- Frederic Teulon, 2014. "Daniel Kahneman, un psychologue en territoire économique," Working Papers 2014-572, Department of Research, Ipag Business School.
- Frederic Teulon, 2014. "Kenneth Arrow et les préférences collectives," Working Papers 2014-457, Department of Research, Ipag Business School.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Naercio Menezes).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.