Policy Model for the Livestock and Poultry Sectors of Mexico, A
AbstractMany economic and demographic trends along with increased free trade agreements are projected to increase Mexico's prominence in the world markets for meat products in the next decade. This report documents the development by the Food and Agricultural Policy Research Institute (FAPRI) of a new model of Mexico's livestock and poultry sectors, including beef and cattle, swine and pork, and broilers. Improvements in the new model include functional form equations, more equations for each commodity, and the use of both live animal and meat trade equations.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Center for Agricultural and Rural Development (CARD) at Iowa State University in its series Center for Agricultural and Rural Development (CARD) Publications with number 98-tr39.
Date of creation: Jun 1998
Date of revision:
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Babcock, Bruce A. & Beghin, John C. & Mohanty, Samarendu & Fuller, Frank H. & Chaudhary, Sudhir & Fabiosa, Jacinto F. & Kovarik, Karen & Hart, Chad E. & Fang, Cheng & Kaus, Phillip J. & Naik, Manta & , 1999. "FAPRI 1999 World Agricultural Outlook," Staff Reports 32050, Food and Agricultural Policy Research Institute (FAPRI).
- Bierlen, Ralph & Hayes, Dermot J., 1994. "Economics of Marketing Meat in Mexico (The)," Staff General Research Papers 771, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Toma, Luiza & Ashworth, Cheryl J. & Stott, Alistair W., 2008. "A Partial Equilibrium Model Of The Linkages Between Animal Welfare, Trade And The Environment In Scotland," 109th Seminar, November 20-21, 2008, Viterbo, Italy 44825, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Toma, Luiza & Mathijs, Erik & Revoredo-Giha, Cesar, 2006.
"Linkages between Agriculture, Trade and the Environment in the Context of the European Union Accession,"
45991, Scottish Agricultural College, Land Economy Research Group.
- Toma, Luiza & Mathijs, Erik & Revoredo-Giha, Cesar, 2006. "Linkages between Agriculture, Trade and the Environment in the Context of the European Union Accession," Working Papers 45991, Scotland's Rural College (formerly Scottish Agricultural College), Land Economy & Environment Research Group.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ().
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.