Evaluation of Soil Test Information in Agricultural Decision Making, An
AbstractThe value of soil-test information in planning fertilizer application levels is determined by using agricultural field-plot data to estimate the posterior distribution of mean soil-nitrate concentrations at a given location. Optimal decisions concerning fertilizer application levels are made with respect to this posterior distribution. Average reductions in fertilizer application rates range from 15 to 41 percent, depending on the form of prior information that is available.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Center for Agricultural and Rural Development (CARD) at Iowa State University in its series Center for Agricultural and Rural Development (CARD) Publications with number 96-wp147.
Date of creation: Jan 1996
Date of revision:
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Lichtenberg, Erik, 2000.
"Agriculture And The Environment,"
28567, University of Maryland, Department of Agricultural and Resource Economics.
- Olson, Kent D., 1998. "Precision Agriculture: Current Economic And Environmental Issues," Conference Papers 14487, University of Minnesota, Center for International Food and Agricultural Policy.
- Pautsch, Gregory R. & Babcock, Bruce A. & Breidt, F. J., 1999.
"Optimal Information Acquisition Under a Geostatistical Model,"
Staff General Research Papers
1517, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Pautsch, Gregory R. & Babcock, Bruce A. & Breidt, F. Jay, 1999. "Optimal Information Acquisition Under A Geostatistical Model," Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 24(02), December.
- Gregory R. Pautsch & Bruce A. Babcock & F. Jay Breidt, 1999. "Optimal Information Acquisition under a Geostatistical Model," Center for Agricultural and Rural Development (CARD) Publications 99-wp217, Center for Agricultural and Rural Development (CARD) at Iowa State University.
- Gregory R. Pautsch & Bruce A. Babcock & F. Jay Breidt, 1998. "Optimal Sampling Under a Geostatistical Model," Center for Agricultural and Rural Development (CARD) Publications 98-wp200, Center for Agricultural and Rural Development (CARD) at Iowa State University.
- Swinton, Scott M. & Jones, Kezelee Q., 1998. "From Data To Information: The Value Of Sampling Vs. Sensing Soil Data," Staff Papers 11674, Michigan State University, Department of Agricultural, Food, and Resource Economics.
- Isik, Murat & Khanna, Madhu & Winter-Nelson, Alex, 2000. "Sequential Investment In Site-Specific Crop Management Under Output Price Uncertainty: Implications For Nitrogen Pollution Control," 2000 Annual meeting, July 30-August 2, Tampa, FL 21875, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ().
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.