The Rise of Small Business: Causes and Consequences
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Research Institute of Industrial Economics in its series Working Paper Series with number 357.
Length: 57 pages
Date of creation: Dec 1992
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Research Institute of Industrial Economics, Box 55665, SE-102 15 Stockholm, Sweden
Phone: +46 8 665 4500
Fax: +46 8 665 4599
Web page: http://www.ifn.se/
More information through EDIRC
Small business; Employment; Plant size; Technology;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- L11 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - Production, Pricing, and Market Structure; Size Distribution of Firms
- L25 - Industrial Organization - - Firm Objectives, Organization, and Behavior - - - Firm Performance
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Carlsson, Bo, 1984. "The development and use of machine tools in historical perspective," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 5(1), pages 91-114, March.
- Kaplinsky, Raphael, 1988. "Restructuring the Capitalist Labour Process: Some Lessons from the Car Industry," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 12(4), pages 451-70, December.
- Carlsson, Bo, 1989. "Flexibility and the theory of the firm," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 7(2), pages 179-203, June.
- Zoltan Acs & David Audretsch, 1990. "Innovation and Small Firms," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262011131, December.
- Susan Helper, 1995. "Supplier Relations and Adoption of New Technology: Results of Survey Research in the U.S. Auto Industry," NBER Working Papers 5278, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Johansson, Dan, 1997. "The Number and the Size Distribution of Firms in Sweden and Other European Countries," Working Paper Series 483, Research Institute of Industrial Economics.
- Carlsson, Bo & Braunerhjelm, Pontus & McKelvey, Maureen & Olofsson , Christer & Persson , Lars & Ylinenpää, Håkan, 2012.
"The Evolving Domain of Entrepreneurship Research,"
Working Paper Series in Economics and Institutions of Innovation
284, Royal Institute of Technology, CESIS - Centre of Excellence for Science and Innovation Studies.
- Carlsson, Bo & Braunerhjelm, Pontus & McKelvey, Maureen & Olofsson, Christer & Persson, Lars & Ylinenpää, Håkan, 2013. "The Evolving Domain of Entrepreneurship Research," Working Paper Series 948, Research Institute of Industrial Economics.
- Carlsson, Bo & Braunerhjelm, Pontus & McKelvey, Maureen & Olofsson, Christer & Persson, Lars & Ylinenpää, Håkan, 2012. "The Evolving Domain of Entrepreneurship Research," Working Papers 2012:11, Swedish Entrepreneurship Forum.
- Bo Carlsson & Zoltan J. Acs & David B. Audretsch & Pontus Braunerhjelm, 2007.
"The Knowledge Filter, Entrepreneurship, and Economic Growth,"
Jena Economic Research Papers
2007-057, Friedrich-Schiller-University Jena, Max-Planck-Institute of Economics.
- Carlsson, Bo & Acs, Zoltan & Audretsch, David & Braunerhjelm, Pontus, 2007. "The knowledge filter, Entrepreneurship and Economic Growth," Working Paper Series in Economics and Institutions of Innovation 104, Royal Institute of Technology, CESIS - Centre of Excellence for Science and Innovation Studies.
- Albert Link & John Scott, 2012.
"Employment growth from the Small Business Innovation Research program,"
Small Business Economics,
Springer, vol. 39(2), pages 265-287, September.
- Link, Albert & Scott, John, 2010. "Employment Growth from the Small Business Innovation Research Program," Working Papers 10-8, University of North Carolina at Greensboro, Department of Economics.
- Faria, João Ricardo & Cuestas, Juan Carlos & Mourelle, Estefanía, 2010.
"Entrepreneurship and unemployment: A nonlinear bidirectional causality?,"
Elsevier, vol. 27(5), pages 1282-1291, September.
- Joao Ricardo Faria & Juan Carlos Cuestas & Estefania Mourelle, 2008. "Entrepreneurship and unemployment: a nonlinear bidirectional causality," Working Papers 2008/6, Nottingham Trent University, Nottingham Business School, Economics Division.
- M. Carree & A. Thurik, 1998. "Small firms and economic growth in europe," Atlantic Economic Journal, International Atlantic Economic Society, vol. 26(2), pages 137-146, June.
- Mulligan, Robert F., 2004. "Fractal analysis of highly volatile markets: an application to technology equities," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 44(1), pages 155-179, February.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Elisabeth Gustafsson).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.