Entrepreneurship, Social Capital, Governance and Regional Economic Development
AbstractIn this paper, we discuss three factors of critical importance for regional economic develop-ment, namely entrepreneurship, social capital and governance. We conclude firstly that the relationships between regional entrepreneurship, regional social capital, regional governance and regional economic development are complex and interdependent. Secondly, to influence these factors and the relationship between them policy-makers must have a long-term per-spective and be both patient and persistent in their efforts. It is our hope that this paper pro-vides both a somewhat better understanding of the relationships between regional entrepre-neurship, regional social capital, regional governance and regional economic development and some help to national and regional policy-makers in formulating and implementing the proper long-term regional policies needed.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Royal Institute of Technology, CESIS - Centre of Excellence for Science and Innovation Studies in its series Working Paper Series in Economics and Institutions of Innovation with number 278.
Length: 17 pages
Date of creation: 13 Jun 2012
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: CESIS - Centre of Excellence for Science and Innovation Studies, Royal Institute of Technology, SE-100 44 Stockholm, Sweden
Phone: +46 8 790 95 63
Web page: http://www.infra.kth.se/cesis/
More information through EDIRC
Regional economic development; entrepreneurship; social capital; governance;
Other versions of this item:
- Karlsson, Charlie, 2012. "Entrepreneurship, Social Capital, Governance and Regional Economic Development," CSIR Working Paper Series 2012/06, Center for Strategic Innovation Research, Blekinge Institute of Technology.
- D70 - Microeconomics - - Analysis of Collective Decision-Making - - - General
- G38 - Financial Economics - - Corporate Finance and Governance - - - Government Policy and Regulation
- L26 - Industrial Organization - - Firm Objectives, Organization, and Behavior - - - Entrepreneurship
- R58 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Regional Government Analysis - - - Regional Development Planning and Policy
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2012-07-08 (All new papers)
- NEP-CSE-2012-07-08 (Economics of Strategic Management)
- NEP-ENT-2012-07-08 (Entrepreneurship)
- NEP-GEO-2012-07-08 (Economic Geography)
- NEP-SBM-2012-07-08 (Small Business Management)
- NEP-SOC-2012-07-08 (Social Norms & Social Capital)
- NEP-URE-2012-07-08 (Urban & Real Estate Economics)
You can help add them by filling out this form.
reading list or among the top items on IDEAS.Access and download statisticsgeneral information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Vardan Hovsepyan).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.