Internationales Benchmarking von Gesundheitssystemen - Ansatz zur Problemlösung?
AbstractThe health systems are discussed worldwide. Is international benchmarking of whole health systems a potential tool to give answers to their problems? This paper introduces three current concepts of such comparisons. Their findings are explained as well as the problems, which are the background ahead of which those results have to be contemplated. Overall there is the conclusion that the rough comparisons of whole systems as described don’t seem to be qualified to show up concrete solutions. But they create worldwide attention, so that public pressure on the political decision makers is built up, which invites these to start necessary reforms.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Leibniz Universität Hannover, Wirtschaftswissenschaftliche Fakultät in its series Diskussionspapiere der Wirtschaftswissenschaftlichen Fakultät der Leibniz Universität Hannover with number dp-286.
Length: 37 pages
Date of creation: Oct 2003
Date of revision:
Benchmarking; Vergleich; Gesundheitssystem; Health System; Performance;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- I11 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Health - - - Analysis of Health Care Markets
- I18 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Health - - - Government Policy; Regulation; Public Health
- I19 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Health - - - Other
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Rigmar Osterkamp, 2001. "Das deutsche Gesundheitssystem im internationalen Vergleich: Bewertung und Reformalternativen," Ifo Schnelldienst, Ifo Institute for Economic Research at the University of Munich, vol. 54(10), pages 9-16, October.
- Jeff Richardson & John Wildman & Iain K. Robertson, 2003. "A critique of the World Health Organisation's evaluation of health system performance," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 12(5), pages 355-366.
- Jeremy Hurst & Melissa Jee-Hughes, 2001. "Performance Measurement and Performance Management in OECD Health Systems," OECD Labour Market and Social Policy Occasional Papers 47, OECD Publishing.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dietrich, Karl).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.