Institutional Theories and Public Institutions
AbstractThis chapter covers the evolution of institutional theory and its application to public adminsitrations in the last 20 years. It discusses the various streams, their reseach agendas and their contributions, but also their limits to add value to knowledge.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by HAL in its series Post-Print with number halshs-00638348.
Date of creation: 2011
Date of revision:
Publication status: Published, The Handbook of Public Administration, Sage (Ed.), 2011, 185-101.
Note: View the original document on HAL open archive server: http://halshs.archives-ouvertes.fr/halshs-00638348/en/
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://hal.archives-ouvertes.fr/
New institutional theories: historical; sociological; "new institutionalism"; co-constructed local orders.;
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2011-11-21 (All new papers)
- NEP-CSE-2011-11-21 (Economics of Strategic Management)
- NEP-HIS-2011-11-21 (Business, Economic & Financial History)
- NEP-HME-2011-11-21 (Heterodox Microeconomics)
- NEP-PKE-2011-11-21 (Post Keynesian Economics)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Jean-Claude Thoenig, 2005. "Territorial administration and political control. Decentralization in France," Post-Print halshs-00139986, HAL.
- Thoenig, Jean-Claude, 2005. "Territorial Administration and Political Control: Decentralization in France," Economics Papers from University Paris Dauphine 123456789/2735, Paris Dauphine University.
- Jean-Claude Thoenig, 2011. "Territorial Administration and Political Control," Post-Print halshs-00638304, HAL.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (CCSD).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.