The role of relational competence in the health care sector
AbstractThe role of entrepreneurs is highly regarded in our societies. It is widely recognized that their roles are not limited to the private sector, but can affect all sectors of the economy. In view of this, we focus on entrepreneurs acting in the healthcare sector. We concentrate more particularly on these entrepreneurs' specific competences. We propose to conceptualise the concept of relational competence, defined as the act of building and structuring relationships in order to adapt and innovate in a given environment. The aim of this exploratory study is to better understand why this type of competence is expected on the construction site of a new hospital in France.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by HAL in its series Post-Print with number hal-00960124.
Date of creation: 2013
Date of revision:
Publication status: Published, Scientific Bulletin, 2013, 12, 2, 95-103
Note: View the original document on HAL open archive server: http://hal.archives-ouvertes.fr/hal-00960124
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://hal.archives-ouvertes.fr/
Entrepreneur; relational processes; relational competence; hospital; healthcare system;
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2014-04-11 (All new papers)
- NEP-ENT-2014-04-11 (Entrepreneurship)
- NEP-GER-2014-04-11 (German Papers)
- NEP-HEA-2014-04-11 (Health Economics)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Ostgaard, Tone A. & Birley, Sue, 1994. "Personal networks and firm competitive strategy--A strategic or coincidental match?," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 9(4), pages 281-305, July.
- Chandler, Gaylen N. & Jansen, Erik, 1992. "The founder's self-assessed competence and venture performance," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 7(3), pages 223-236, May.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (CCSD).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.