The times change: multivariate subordination, empirical facts
AbstractThe normality of multi-asset returns in event time is shown empirically. A multivariate subordination mechanism is proposed in order to explain this phenomenon.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by HAL in its series Post-Print with number hal-00620841.
Date of creation: Jan 2012
Date of revision:
Publication status: Published, Quantitative Finance, 2012, 12, 1, 1-10
Note: View the original document on HAL open archive server: http://hal.archives-ouvertes.fr/hal-00620841
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://hal.archives-ouvertes.fr/
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2011-09-22 (All new papers)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Bence Toth & Janos Kertesz, 2009. "The Epps effect revisited," Quantitative Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 9(7), pages 793-802.
- Jean-Philippe Bouchaud & J. Doyne Farmer & Fabrizio Lillo, 2008. "How markets slowly digest changes in supply and demand," Papers 0809.0822, arXiv.org.
- A. Christian Silva, 2005. "Applications of physics to finance and economics: returns, trading activity and income," Papers physics/0507022, arXiv.org.
- Tóth, Bence & Kertész, János, 2006. "Increasing market efficiency: Evolution of cross-correlations of stock returns," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 360(2), pages 505-515.
- Jean-Philippe Bouchaud & Yuval Gefen & Marc Potters & Matthieu Wyart, 2003.
"Fluctuations and response in financial markets: the subtle nature of `random' price changes,"
cond-mat/0307332, arXiv.org, revised Aug 2003.
- Jean-Philippe Bouchaud & Yuval Gefen & Marc Potters & Matthieu Wyart, 2003. "Fluctuations and response in financial markets: the subtle nature of `random' price changes," Science & Finance (CFM) working paper archive 0307332, Science & Finance, Capital Fund Management.
- Clark, Peter K, 1973. "A Subordinated Stochastic Process Model with Finite Variance for Speculative Prices," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 41(1), pages 135-55, January.
- Mehdi Lallouache & Fr\'ed\'eric Abergel, 2013. "Empirical properties of the foreign exchange interdealer market," Papers 1307.5440, arXiv.org.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (CCSD).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.