O grupo Randon: Estratégia e trajetória de expansão a partir do enfoque da teoria evolucionária da firma
AbstractThe objective this paper is explorer the strategic and trajectory of expantion of the of the Randon Group. This enterprise born how garage little in city of Caxias do Sul – RS, in the south of Brazil at decade of 1940, grounded over Raul Anselmo and Hercílio Randon brothers front the need of a means of survive. In the decades of 1950 and 1960, the Randon brothers known harness the environment and create the opportunities for transformed the garage in industry, leader in the market of implements for trucks. In the decade of 1970 the enterprise transformed in S. A. with holding negotiate in stock exchange for viable itself expantion, damage for crisis of the decade of 1980 that provoked an situation hard to firm. After this fact, the Randon Group again to growth across of enterprise in the market of car spare, financial services, special vehicles and implements. Moreover, the Randon Group have vacation for be multinational not only and great export, but with industrial plants in others countries and search of investors and partner for growth.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Universidade Federal do Paraná, Department of Economics in its series Working Papers with number 0095.
Length: 17 pages
Date of creation: 2009
Date of revision:
Note: Creation Date corresponds to the year in which the paper was published on the Department of Economics website. The paper may have been written a small number of months before its publication date.
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Av. Prefeito Lothário Meissner, 632 - térreo, Bairro Jardim Botânico, 80210-170 Curitiba - PR
Web page: http://www.economiaetecnologia.ufpr.br/
More information through EDIRC
Randon Group; family enterprise; expansion; conglomerate;
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2009-11-14 (All new papers)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Williamson, Oliver E, 1971. "The Vertical Integration of Production: Market Failure Considerations," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 61(2), pages 112-23, May.
- Constance E. Helfat & Marvin B. Lieberman, 2002. "The birth of capabilities: market entry and the importance of pre-history," Industrial and Corporate Change, Oxford University Press, vol. 11(4), pages 725-760, August.
- Sidney G. Winter, 2002. "Toward an Evolutionary Theory of Production," LEM Papers Series 2002/27, Laboratory of Economics and Management (LEM), Sant'Anna School of Advanced Studies, Pisa, Italy.
- Teece, David J., 1982. "Towards an economic theory of the multiproduct firm," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 3(1), pages 39-63, March.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Luciano Nakabashi).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.