Markets for Communist Human Capital: Returns to Education and Experience in the Czech Republic and Slovakia
AbstractThis research examines different in earnings structure between Communist and post-Communist Czech Republic and Slovakia usinf four sets of similar micro-data. It presents hypotheses about hoe earnings dispersion returns to education and returns to experience will change across regimes and tests to those hypotheses using earnings equations.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Yale - Economic Growth Center in its series Papers with number 770.
Length: 37 pages
Date of creation: 1997
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: U.S.A.; YALE UNIVERSITY, ECONOMIC GROWTH CENTER, YALE STATION NEW-HAVEN CONNECTICUT 06520 U.S.A
Phone: (203) 432-3610
Fax: (203) 432-3898
Web page: http://www.econ.yale.edu/~egcenter/
More information through EDIRC
COMMUNISM ; EDUCATION ; WAGES;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- J24 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - Human Capital; Skills; Occupational Choice; Labor Productivity
- J31 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Wages, Compensation, and Labor Costs - - - Wage Level and Structure; Wage Differentials
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Miroslav Stefanik, 2011. "Changes in private returns to education caused by the tertiary education expansion in Slovakia," Review of Applied Socio-Economic Research, Pro Global Science Association, vol. 1(2), pages 167-176, December.
- Borisov Gleb, 2005. "The human capital heterogeneity at the Russian labor market," EERC Working Paper Series 01-151e, EERC Research Network, Russia and CIS.
- Falaris, Evangelos M., 2004. "Private and public sector wages in Bulgaria," Journal of Comparative Economics, Elsevier, vol. 32(1), pages 56-72, March.
- Boris Vujčić & Vedran Šošić, 2009. "Return to Education and the Changing Role of Credentials in the Croatian Labor Market," Transition Studies Review, Springer, vol. 16(1), pages 189-205, May.
- Kevin Denny & Patrick Orla Doyle, 2005. "Returns to basic skills in Central and Eastern Europe - a semi-parametric approach," Working Papers 200507, School Of Economics, University College Dublin.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Thomas Krichel).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.