Managing Transboundary Stocks of Small Pelagic Fish
AbstractThis paper, with special emphasis on the industrial pelagic fishery of northern Chile-southern Peru, tests the hypothesis that appropriate joint management of transboundary fish stocks not only can help avoid overexploitation of the resources but also can increase rents and benefits.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by World Bank in its series World Bank - Discussion Papers with number 329.
Length: 40 pages
Date of creation: 1996
Date of revision:
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- L66 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Manufacturing - - - Food; Beverages; Cosmetics; Tobacco
- Q20 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Renewable Resources and Conservation - - - General
- Q30 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Nonrenewable Resources and Conservation - - - General
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Miller, Kathleen A. & Munro, Gordon R., 2004. "Climate And Cooperation: A New Perspective On The Management Of Shared Fish Stocks," Marine Resource Economics, Marine Resources Foundation, vol. 19(3).
- Milena Arias Schreiber & Miguel Ñiquen & Marilú Bouchon, 2011. "Coping Strategies to Deal with Environmental Variability and Extreme Climatic Events in the Peruvian Anchovy Fishery," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 3(6), pages 823-846, June.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Thomas Krichel).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.