Evaluating Public Spending: A Framework for Public Expenditure Reviews
AbstractThis paper presents a framework for evaluating the level and composition of public expenditures, illustrated by sectoral and country examples.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by World Bank in its series World Bank - Discussion Papers with number 323.
Length: 126 pages
Date of creation: 1996
Date of revision:
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- H60 - Public Economics - - National Budget, Deficit, and Debt - - - General
- H61 - Public Economics - - National Budget, Deficit, and Debt - - - Budget; Budget Systems
- H62 - Public Economics - - National Budget, Deficit, and Debt - - - Deficit; Surplus
- H63 - Public Economics - - National Budget, Deficit, and Debt - - - Debt; Debt Management; Sovereign Debt
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- World Bank, 2000. "Guatemala : Expenditure Reform in a Post-Conflict Country," World Bank Other Operational Studies 15481, The World Bank.
- Denizer, Cevdet & Desai, Raj M. & Gueorguiev, Nikolay, 1998. "The political economy of financial repression in transition economies," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2030, The World Bank.
- World Bank, 2001. "Malawi - Public Expenditures : Issues and Options," World Bank Other Operational Studies 15480, The World Bank.
- Gupta, Sanjeev & Verhoeven, Marijn & Tiongson, Erwin R., 2002. "The effectiveness of government spending on education and health care in developing and transition economies," European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 18(4), pages 717-737, November.
- Craigwell, Roland & Lowe, Shane & Bynoe, Danielle, 2012.
"The effectiveness of government expenditure on education and health care in the Caribbean,"
40935, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Roland Craigwell & Danielle Bynoe & Shane Lowe, 2012. "The effectiveness of government expenditure on education and health care in the Caribbean," International Journal of Development Issues, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 11(1), pages 4-18, April.
- Stéphane Tizio, 2005. "Trajectoires socio-économiques de la régulation des systèmes de santé dans les pays en développement : une problématique institutionnelle," Mondes en développement, De Boeck Université, vol. 131(3), pages 45-58.
- World Bank, 2007. "Mauritania : Improving Budget Management to Promote Sustainable Development and Reduce Poverty, Public Expenditure Review Update," World Bank Other Operational Studies 7635, The World Bank.
- Adrian Fozzard & Mick Foster, 2010. "Changing Approaches to Public Expenditure Management in Low-income Aid Dependent Countries," Working Papers id:3145, eSocialSciences.
- Essama-Nssah, B., 2008. "Assessing the redistributive effect of fiscal policy," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4592, The World Bank.
- World Bank, 2003. "Public Expenditure Review for Armenia," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 15086, March.
- World Bank, 2003. "Armenia : Public Expenditure Review," World Bank Other Operational Studies 13926, The World Bank.
- World Bank, 2004. "Dominican Republic - Public Expenditure Review : Reforming Institutions for a More Efficient Public Expenditure Management," World Bank Other Operational Studies 15545, The World Bank.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Thomas Krichel).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.