A Pure Binary LP Model to the Facility Layout Problem
AbstractIn facility layout problems, a major concern is the optimal design or remodeling of the facilities of an organization. The decision maker's objective is to arrange the facility in an optimal way, so that the interaction among functions (i.e. machines, inventories, persons) and places (i.e. offices, work locations, depots) is efficient. A simple pure-binary LP model is developed and solved for a small hospital, where five functions are to be redesigned to five different locations. The model is rather flexible and can be used, with small modifications, for larger facility layouts.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Uppsala - Working Paper Series in its series Papers with number 1999:13.
Length: 14 pages
Date of creation: 1999
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: UPPSALA UNIVERSITY, DEPARTMENT OF ECONOMICS, S-751 20 UPPSALA SWEDEN.
Phone: + 46 18 471 25 00
Fax: + 46 18 471 14 78
Web page: http://www.nek.uu.se/
More information through EDIRC
LINEAR PROGRAMMING ; OPTIMIZATION;
Other versions of this item:
- Papahristodoulou, Christos, 1999. "A Pure Binary LP Model to the Facility Layout Problem," Working Paper Series 1999:13, Uppsala University, Department of Economics.
- C60 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Mathematical Methods; Programming Models; Mathematical and Simulation Modeling - - - General
- C61 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Mathematical Methods; Programming Models; Mathematical and Simulation Modeling - - - Optimization Techniques; Programming Models; Dynamic Analysis
- C63 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Mathematical Methods; Programming Models; Mathematical and Simulation Modeling - - - Computational Techniques
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Domschke, Wolfgang & Drexl, Andreas, 1985. "Location and layout planning – an international bibliography," Publications of Darmstadt Technical University, Institute for Business Studies (BWL) 36418, Darmstadt Technical University, Department of Business Administration, Economics and Law, Institute for Business Studies (BWL).
- Gordon C. Armour & Elwood S. Buffa, 1963. "A Heuristic Algorithm and Simulation Approach to Relative Location of Facilities," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 9(2), pages 294-309, January.
- Papahristodoulou, Christos, 2009. "The optimal layout of football players: A case study for AC Milan," MPRA Paper 20102, University Library of Munich, Germany.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Thomas Krichel).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.