Natural Oligopolies : A Vertical Differentiation Model
AbstractIn a vertical differentiation model, we investigate whether the property of finiteness holds when the average cost function depends on the quantity. We prove that this property holds when the cost function has increasing returns. In the case of cost functions with decreasing returns, we prove that the finiteness property does not hold if the average cost tends to zero when the quantity tends to zero.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by UniversitÃ© PanthÃ©on-Sorbonne (Paris 1) in its series Papiers d'Economie MathÃ©matique et Applications with number 96.05.
Length: 21 pages
Date of creation: 1996
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: France; Universite de Paris I - Pantheon- Sorbonne, 12 Place de Pantheon-75005 Paris, France
Phone: + 33 44 07 81 00
Fax: + 33 1 44 07 83 01
Web page: http://cermsem.univ-paris1.fr/
More information through EDIRC
OLIGOPOLIES ; VERTICAL INTEGRATION;
Other versions of this item:
- Lahmandi-Ayed, Rim, 2000. "Natural Oligopolies: A Vertical Differentiation Model," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 41(4), pages 971-87, November.
- L13 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - Oligopoly and Other Imperfect Markets
- L22 - Industrial Organization - - Firm Objectives, Organization, and Behavior - - - Firm Organization and Market Structure
- D43 - Microeconomics - - Market Structure and Pricing - - - Oligopoly and Other Forms of Market Imperfection
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Jean-Marc Bonnisseau & Rim Lahmandi-Ayed, 2007.
"Vertical differentiation with non-uniform consumers' distribution,"
International Journal of Economic Theory,
The International Society for Economic Theory, vol. 3(3), pages 179-190.
- Jean-Marc Bonnisseau & Rim Lahmandi-Ayed, 2004. "Vertical differentiation with non-uniform consumers¡ distribution," Cahiers de la Maison des Sciences Economiques b04114, Université Panthéon-Sorbonne (Paris 1).
- Jean-Marc Bonnisseau & Hend Ghazzai, 2005.
"Monopole, stratégies multiproduit et incitation à la recherche et développement,"
UniversitÃ© Paris1 PanthÃ©on-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers)
- Jean-Marc Bonnisseau & Hend Ghazzai, 2005. "Monopole, stratégies multiproduit et incitation à la recherche et développement," Cahiers de la Maison des Sciences Economiques b05025, Université Panthéon-Sorbonne (Paris 1).
- Raphael Auer & Philip Sauré, 2011.
"Spatial Competition in Quality, Demand Induced Innovation, and Schumpeterian Growth,"
DEGIT Conference Papers
c016_067, DEGIT, Dynamics, Economic Growth, and International Trade.
- Raphael Auer & Philip Sauré, 2011. "Spatial Competition in Quality, Demand-Induced Innovation, and Schumpeterian Growth," Working Papers 11.04, Swiss National Bank, Study Center Gerzensee.
- Raphael Anton Auer & Philip Ulrich Sauré, 2011. "Spatial Competition in Quality, Demand-Induced Innovation, and Schumpeterian Growth," Working Papers 2011-10, Swiss National Bank.
- Adel Ben Youssef & Rim Lahmandi-Ayed, 2008.
"Eco-labelling, competition and environment: Endogenization of labelling criteria,"
- Adel Ben Youssef & Rim Lahmandi-Ayed, 2008. "Eco-labelling, Competition and Environment: Endogenization of Labelling Criteria," Environmental & Resource Economics, European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 41(2), pages 133-154, October.
- Rim Lahmandi-Ayed, 2007. "Finiteness property with vertical and horizontal differentiation: does it really matter?," Economic Theory, Springer, vol. 33(3), pages 531-548, December.
- Amacher, Gregory & Koskela, Erkki & Ollikainen, Markku, 2003. "Environmental Quality Competition and Eco-labeling," Discussion Papers 848, The Research Institute of the Finnish Economy.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Thomas Krichel).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.