The Knowledge Society, Entrepreneurship and Unemployment
AbstractThis essay explains how and why entrepreneurship has made important contributions to economic and social life inmodern industrialized countries. The increased role of entrepreuneurship in general and small firms in particular has come with a number of benefits spanning a wide range of economic and social dimensions, but also with some new problems and challenges. We discuss the role of the knowledge-based economy as a cause to this transition and present some calculations about the consequences of this transition.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by NEUHUYS - RESEARCH INSTITUTE FOR SMALL AND MEDIUM in its series Papers with number 9801/e.
Length: 37 pages
Date of creation: 1998
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: RESEARCH INSTITUTE FOR SMALL AND MEDIUM-SIZED BUSINESS IN THE NETHERLANDS, NEUHUYS.
GROWTH MODELS ; UNEMPLOYMENT;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- O0 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - General
- J64 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Mobility, Unemployment, and Vacancies - - - Unemployment: Models, Duration, Incidence, and Job Search
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Marco von Gelderen & Michael Frese & Roy Thurik, 2000.
"Strategies, Uncertainty and Performance of Small Business Startups,"
Small Business Economics,
Springer, vol. 15(3), pages 165-181, November.
- van Gelderen, Marco & Frese, Michael & Thurik, Roy, 2000. " Strategies, Uncertainty and Performance of Small Business Startups," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 15(3), pages 165-81.
- Marco van Gelderen & Roy Thurik & Micheal Frese, 2000. "Strategies, uncertainty and performance of small business startups," Scales Research Reports H200001, EIM Business and Policy Research.
- Gelderen, A.M. van & Frese, M. & Thurik, A.R., 2000. "Strategies, Uncertainty and Performance of Small Business Startups," Research Paper ERS-2000-18-STR, Erasmus Research Institute of Management (ERIM), ERIM is the joint research institute of the Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University and the Erasmus School of Economics (ESE) at Erasmus Uni.
- van Gelderen, M. & Frese, M. & Thurik, R., 2000. "Strategies, Uncertainty and Performance of Small Business Startups," Papers 0001/e, NEUHUYS - RESEARCH INSTITUTE FOR SMALL AND MEDIUM.
- Niels G. Noorderhaven & Sander Wennekers & Geert Hofstede & A. Roy Thurik & Ralph E. Wildeman, 1999. "Self-Employment out of Dissatisfaction: An International Study," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 99-089/3, Tinbergen Institute.
- Joris Meijaard, 2001. "Making sense of the New Economy," Scales Research Reports H200009, EIM Business and Policy Research.
- Isabel Grilo & Roy Thurik, 2004.
"Determinants of entrepreneurship in Europe,"
Papers on Entrepreneurship, Growth and Public Policy
2004-30, Max Planck Institute of Economics, Entrepreneurship, Growth and Public Policy Group.
- Grilo, I. & Thurik, A.R., 2004. "Determinants Of Entrepreneurship In Europe," Research Paper ERS-2004-106-ORG, Erasmus Research Institute of Management (ERIM), ERIM is the joint research institute of the Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University and the Erasmus School of Economics (ESE) at Erasmus Uni.
- Fabiano COMPAGNUCCI & Augusto CUSINATO, 2011.
"Industrial Districts and the City: Relationships in the Knowledge Age. Evidence from the Italian Case,"
365, Universita' Politecnica delle Marche (I), Dipartimento di Scienze Economiche e Sociali.
- Augusto Cusinato & Fabiano Compagnucci, 2011. "Industrial Districts and the City: Relationships in the Knowledge Age. Evidence from the Italian Case," ERSA conference papers ersa11p237, European Regional Science Association.
- Belso Martínez, J.A., 2004. "Una aproximación inicial al papel del mercado de trabajo, la inmigración y la conflictividad socio-laboral como factores explicativos de la creación de empresas./An Initial Approach to the Role of ," Estudios de Economía Aplicada, Estudios de Economía Aplicada, vol. 22, pages 67-82, Abril.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Thomas Krichel).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.