Cognitive Skills, Educational Attainment and Earnings -Evidence from the International Adult Literacy Survey
AbstractIn this paper a rich and innovative dataset, the International Adult Literacy Survey, is used to examine the impact of cognitive skill/functional literacy earnings. The IALS surveys 12 OECD countries and sub-regions via a consistent questionnaire and includes a number of tests of numeracy and literacy, as well as basic labour market information. This paper examines the effect of these skills on labour market earnings for the Republic of Ireland, Northern Ireland, and for Great Britain.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by College Dublin, Department of Political Economy- in its series Papers with number 00/04.
Length: 17 pages
Date of creation: 2000
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Ireland; University College Dublin, Department of Political Economy, Centre for Economic Research, Belfield, Dublin 4
Fax: +353-1-283 0068
Web page: http://www.ucd.ie/economics/
More information through EDIRC
EDUCATION ; INCOME ; LABOUR MARKET;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- J24 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - Human Capital; Skills; Occupational Choice; Labor Productivity
- I20 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Education - - - General
- J31 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Wages, Compensation, and Labor Costs - - - Wage Level and Structure; Wage Differentials
You can help add them by filling out this form.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Thomas Krichel).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.