Estimating the Employment Effects of Education for Disabled Workers in Norway
AbstractIn this paper we evaluate the effectiveness of educational programs used as an employment strategy for diabled workers in Norway. To obtain these estimates we follow the employment career of a sample of participants in educational programs and nonparticipants three years after they had left the vocational rehabilitation benefit system. We specify an employment outcome model that includes both unobserved heterogeneity and selection bias due to correlation between unmeasured factors and a person's training status.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Department of Economics, University of Bergen in its series Norway; Department of Economics, University of Bergen with number 0399.
Length: 27 pages
Date of creation: 1999
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Department of Economics, University of Bergen Fosswinckels Gate 6. N-5007 Bergen, Norway
Web page: http://www.uib.no/econ/
More information through EDIRC
EDUCATION ; EMPLOYMENT ; DISABILITY;
Other versions of this item:
- Arild Aakvik, 2003. "Estimating the employment effects of education for disabled workers in Norway," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 28(3), pages 515-533, July.
- I21 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Education - - - Analysis of Education
- J24 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - Human Capital; Skills; Occupational Choice; Labor Productivity
- J31 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Wages, Compensation, and Labor Costs - - - Wage Level and Structure; Wage Differentials
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Michael Lechner & Rosalia Vazquez-Alvarez, 2003.
"The Effect of Disability on Labour Market Outcomes in Germany: Evidence from Matching,"
University of St. Gallen Department of Economics working paper series 2003
2003-20, Department of Economics, University of St. Gallen.
- Lechner, Michael & Vazquez-Alvarez, Rosalia, 2003. "The Effect of Disability on Labour Market Outcomes in Germany: Evidence from Matching," IZA Discussion Papers 967, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Lechner, Michael & Vazquez-Alvarez, Rosalia, 2004. "The Effect of Disability on Labour Market Outcomes in Germany: Evidence from Matching," CEPR Discussion Papers 4223, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Jochen Kluve, 2006.
"The Effectiveness of European Active Labor Market Policy,"
RWI Discussion Papers
0037, Rheinisch-Westfälisches Institut für Wirtschaftsforschung.
- Kluve, Jochen, 2006. "The Effectiveness of European Active Labor Market Policy," IZA Discussion Papers 2018, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Ekhaugen, Tyra, 2007. "Long-term Outcomes of Vocational Rehabilitation Programs: Labor Market Transitions and Job Durations for Immigrants," Memorandum 10/2007, Oslo University, Department of Economics.
- Kluve, Jochen, 2010. "The effectiveness of European active labor market programs," Labour Economics, Elsevier, vol. 17(6), pages 904-918, December.
- Westlie, Lars, 2008. "Norwegian Vocational Rehabilitation Programs: Improving Employability and Preventing Disability?," Memorandum 24/2008, Oslo University, Department of Economics.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Thomas Krichel).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.