Total Factor Productivity Growth in East Asia: A Critical Survey
AbstractThis paper surveys the empirical literature on total factor productivity (TFP) and the sources of growth in the East Asian Countries. It raises the queston whether the literature has helped us understand better the factors that have propelled growth in the region. The paper discusses the main theoretical aspects in the estimation of TFP growth, as well as the empirical results, and provides a survey of estimates of TFP growth for nine East and Southeast Asian countries.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Asian Development Bank in its series Papers with number 65.
Length: 43 pages
Date of creation: 1997
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Asian Development Bank, Economics and Development Resource Center. P.O. Box 789 Manila Philippines.
Fax: (63-2) 636-2648
Web page: http://www.adb.org/
More information through EDIRC
PRODUCTIVITY ; ASIA ; ECONOMIC GROWTH ; PRODUCTION FACTORS;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- O47 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Growth and Aggregate Productivity - - - Measurement of Economic Growth; Aggregate Productivity; Cross-Country Output Convergence
- O53 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economywide Country Studies - - - Asia including Middle East
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Khan, Safdar Ullah Khan, 2005. "Macro Determinants of Total Factor Productivity in Pakistan," MPRA Paper 8693, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 10 Sep 2005.
- Park, Jungsoo, 2012. "Total factor productivity growth for 12 Asian economies: The past and the future," Japan and the World Economy, Elsevier, vol. 24(2), pages 114-127.
- Raphael Espinoza, 2012. "Factor Accumulation and the Determinants of TFP in the GCC," OxCarre Working Papers 094, Oxford Centre for the Analysis of Resource Rich Economies, University of Oxford.
- Michael Berlemann & Jan-Erik Wesselhöft, 2012. "Total Factor Productivity in German Regions," CESifo Forum, Ifo Institute for Economic Research at the University of Munich, vol. 13(2), pages 58-65, 07.
- Nevine Mokhtar Eid, 2008. "Financial Development: A Pre-Condition for Foreign Direct Spillover Effects in Egypt," Working Papers 12, The German University in Cairo, Faculty of Management Technology.
- Timmer, Marcel P., 1999.
"Climbing the Technology Ladder Too Fast? An International Comparison of Productivity in South and East- Asian Manufacturing, 1963-1993,"
99.2, Eindhoven Center for Innovation Studies.
- Timmer, Marcel P., 1999. "Climbing the technology ladder too fast? : an international comparison of productivity in South and East-Asian manufacturing, 1963-1993," CCSO Working Papers 199919, University of Groningen, CCSO Centre for Economic Research.
- Timmer, Marcel P., 1999. "Climbing the Technology Ladder Too Fast? An International Comparison of Productivity in South and East- Asian Manufacturing, 1963-1993," Eindhoven Center for Innovation Studies (ECIS) working paper series 99.2, Eindhoven Center for Innovation Studies (ECIS).
- Gopinath Pradhan & Kaustuva Barik, 2004. "Sustainability of Output Growth in Indian Manufacturing: A Decomposition Analysis of Selected Industries," Microeconomics 0405003, EconWPA.
- Patalinghug, Epictetus, 2000. "A Review of the Components of the Medium-Term National Action Agenda for Productivity: An Integrative Report," Discussion Papers DP 2000-25, Philippine Institute for Development Studies.
- U, Peter Lee & Maquito, Ferdinand, 2004. "Towards a Strategy for Manufactured Exports to Japan," Discussion Papers DP 2004-13, Philippine Institute for Development Studies.
- Harvie, Charles & Lee, Hyun-Hoon, 2003. "Export-Led Industrialisation and Growth - Korea's Economic Miracle 1962-89," Economics Working Papers wp03-01, School of Economics, University of Wollongong, NSW, Australia.
- Kaloyan Ganev, 2005. "Measuring Total Factor Productivity: Growth Accounting for Bulgaria," GE, Growth, Math methods 0504004, EconWPA, revised 21 Apr 2005.
- K. Ali Akkemik, 2007. "TFP growth and resource allocation in Singapore, 1965-2002," Journal of International Development, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 19(8), pages 1059-1073.
- Fethi AMRI & Rim MOUELHI, 2013. "Productivity Growth And Competition In Tunisian Manufacturing Firms," Region et Developpement, Region et Developpement, LEAD, Universite du Sud - Toulon Var, vol. 37, pages 37-64.
- Fambon, Samuel, 2013. "Foreign capital inflow and economic growth in Cameroon," Working Paper Series UNU-WIDER Research Paper , World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Nil Demet GUNGOR, 2010. "Education, Human Capital Inequality And Economic Growth: Evidence From Turkey," Regional and Sectoral Economic Studies, Euro-American Association of Economic Development, vol. 10(2).
- Cororaton, Caesar B. & Cuenca, Janet S., 2001. "Estimates of Total Factor Productivity in the Philippines," Discussion Papers DP 2001-02, Philippine Institute for Development Studies.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Thomas Krichel).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.