Stock prices, inflation and real activity: a test of the Fama hypothesis, 1920-84
AbstractAlso called: Inflation and stock prices: a long term view
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis in its series Working Papers with number 1986-001.
Date of creation: 1988
Date of revision:
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Gordon, Robert J, 1982.
"Price Inertia and Policy Ineffectiveness in the United States, 1890-1980,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 90(6), pages 1087-1117, December.
- Robert J. Gordon, 1983. "Price Inertia and Policy Ineffectiveness in the United States, 1890-1980," NBER Working Papers 0744, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Schwert, G William, 1981. "The Adjustment of Stock Prices to Information about Inflation," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 36(1), pages 15-29, March.
- Pearce, Douglas K, 1984. "An Empirical Analysis of Expected Stock Price Movements," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 16(3), pages 317-27, August.
- Fama, Eugene F. & Gibbons, Michael R., 1982. "Inflation, real returns and capital investment," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 9(3), pages 297-323.
- Thomas Willett & D. Laband & Todd Sandler & David Davies & Douglass North, 1981. "Reviews," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 37(2), pages 377-388, January.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Anna Xiao).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.