Escolaridade e o diferencial de rendimentos entre o setor privado e o setor público no Brasil
AbstractWe study the determinants of the public-private earning gap for differentlevels of schooling of Brazilian workers. First, using the current earnings as thevariable of interest, it is estimated an earnings gap favorable to the less educatedworkers from the public sector. On the other hand, for workers with higherqualification the earnings gap disappears or becomes favorable to the privatesector. Further, we considerate the different regimes of retirement in Brazil bycreating the variable Present Value of Work Contract (PVWC). This variable is ameasure of the life time earnings for each individual of our database. Differentfrom the results of the current earnings, we found that the PVWC gap is favorableto the public sector even for the most schooling group of workers.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Escola de Economia de São Paulo, Getulio Vargas Foundation (Brazil) in its series Textos para discussão with number 209.
Date of creation: 16 Jun 2010
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Rua Itapeva, 474, 13o andar, CEP 01332-000, São Paulo - SP
Phone: 55 (011) 3799-3350
Fax: 55 (011) 3799-3357
Web page: http://eesp.fgv.br
More information through EDIRC
Other versions of this item:
- Breno Braga & Sergio Firpo & Gustavo Gonzaga, 2008. "Escolaridade e o diferencial de rendimentos entre o setor privado e o setor público no Brasil," Textos para discussÃ£o 560, Department of Economics PUC-Rio (Brazil).
- Pub - Economic Systems - - - - -
- Sec - - - - - -
- JEL - Labor and Demographic Economics - - - - -
- Cod - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - - - -
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Souza, Pedro H.G.F., 2013. "The Decline in Inequality In Brazil, 2003-2009: The Role Of The State," Institute for Research on Labor and Employment, Working Paper Series qt33q062zj, Institute of Industrial Relations, UC Berkeley.
- World Bank, 2010. "Cape Verde : Initial Assessment of the Formal Labor Market," World Bank Other Operational Studies 2986, The World Bank.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Núcleo de Computação da EPGE).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.