Why are the Data at Odds with Theory? Growth and (Re-)Distributive Policies in Integrated Economies
AbstractMany theoretical model show that redistribution causes low growth. However, cross-country regressions often suggest that growth is positively related to redistribution. This paper analyzes that puzzle in an open economy framework.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by European University Institute in its series Economics Working Papers with number eco99/43.
Length: 29 pages
Date of creation: 1999
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Badia Fiesolana, Via dei Roccettini, 9, 50016 San Domenico di Fiesole (FI) Italy
Web page: http://www.eui.eu/ECO/
More information through EDIRC
ECONOMIC GROWTH ; EDUCATION ; INCOME DISTRIBUTION ; TAXATION ; CAPITAL;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- O4 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Growth and Aggregate Productivity
- H21 - Public Economics - - Taxation, Subsidies, and Revenue - - - Efficiency; Optimal Taxation
- D33 - Microeconomics - - Distribution - - - Factor Income Distribution
- C72 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Game Theory and Bargaining Theory - - - Noncooperative Games
- C21 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - Cross-Sectional Models; Spatial Models; Treatment Effect Models
- F21 - International Economics - - International Factor Movements and International Business - - - International Investment; Long-Term Capital Movements
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Rehme, Gunther, 2006.
"Redistribution and economic growth in integrated economies,"
Journal of Macroeconomics,
Elsevier, vol. 28(2), pages 392-408, June.
- Rehme, Günther, 2004. "Redistribution and Economic Growth in Integrated Economies," Darmstadt Discussion Papers in Economics 21580, Darmstadt Technical University, Department of Business Administration, Economics and Law, Institute of Economics (VWL).
- Günther Rehme, 2007.
"Economic Growth and (Re-)Distributive Policies in a Non-cooperative World,"
Journal of Economics,
Springer, vol. 91(1), pages 1-40, May.
- Rehme, Günther, 2006. "Economic growth and (re-)distributive policies in a non-cooperative world," Darmstadt Discussion Papers in Economics 25541, Darmstadt Technical University, Department of Business Administration, Economics and Law, Institute of Economics (VWL).
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Marcia Gastaldo).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.