Distributive Policies and Economic Growth: an Optimal Taxation Approach
AbstractIn an infinite-horizon, endogenous growth model a capital income cum investment subsidy tax is considered to investigate if distribution of income towards the non-accumulated factor of production (labour) retards growth and if capital income taxes are bad instruments to finance investment subsidies. The paper identifies conditions under which the tax scheme is better for growth that other distorting tax schemes.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by European University Institute in its series Economics Working Papers with number eco99/36.
Length: 36 pages
Date of creation: 1999
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Badia Fiesolana, Via dei Roccettini, 9, 50016 San Domenico di Fiesole (FI) Italy
Web page: http://www.eui.eu/ECO/
More information through EDIRC
ECONOMIC GROWTH ; TAXATION ; INCOME DISTRIBUTION;
Other versions of this item:
- Gunther Rehme, 2002. "Distributive Policies and Economic Growth: An Optimal Taxation Approach," Metroeconomica, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 53(3), pages 315-338, 08.
- O41 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Growth and Aggregate Productivity - - - One, Two, and Multisector Growth Models
- H21 - Public Economics - - Taxation, Subsidies, and Revenue - - - Efficiency; Optimal Taxation
- D33 - Microeconomics - - Distribution - - - Factor Income Distribution
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Rehme, Günther, 2007.
"Endogenous Policy and Cross-Country Growth Empirics,"
Darmstadt Discussion Papers in Economics
35720, Darmstadt Technical University, Department of Business Administration, Economics and Law, Institute of Economics (VWL).
- Günther Rehme, 2011. "Endogenous Policy And Cross‐Country Growth Empirics," Scottish Journal of Political Economy, Scottish Economic Society, vol. 58(2), pages 262-296, 05.
- G? Rehme, 2004. "Endogenous Policy and Cross-Country Growth Empirics," Econometric Society 2004 North American Summer Meetings 262, Econometric Society.
- Rehme, Günther, 2014.
"Endogenous (re-)distributive policies and economic growth: A comparative static analysis,"
Elsevier, vol. 40(C), pages 355-366.
- Rehme, Günther, 2007. "Endogenous (Re-)Distributive Policies and Economic Growth: A Comparative Static Analysis," Darmstadt Discussion Papers in Economics 35714, Darmstadt Technical University, Department of Business Administration, Economics and Law, Institute of Economics (VWL).
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Marcia Gastaldo).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.