Risk-Sharing and Retrading in Incomplete Markets
AbstractAt a competitive equilibrium of an incomplete-markets economy agents’ marginal valuations for the tradable assets are equalized ex-ante. We characterize the finest partition of the state space conditional on which this equality holds for any economy. This leads naturally to a necessary and sufficient condition on information that would lead to retrade, if such information were to become publicly available after the initial round of trade.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by European University Institute in its series Economics Working Papers with number ECO2012/03.
Date of creation: 2012
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Badia Fiesolana, Via dei Roccettini, 9, 50016 San Domenico di Fiesole (FI) Italy
Web page: http://www.eui.eu/ECO/
More information through EDIRC
Competitive Equilibrium; Incomplete Markets; Information; Re-trading;
Other versions of this item:
- D52 - Microeconomics - - General Equilibrium and Disequilibrium - - - Incomplete Markets
- D80 - Microeconomics - - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty - - - General
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2012-03-21 (All new papers)
- NEP-CTA-2012-03-21 (Contract Theory & Applications)
- NEP-MIC-2012-03-21 (Microeconomics)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Piero Gottardi & Rohit Rahi, 2010.
"Value of Information in Competitive Economies with Incomplete Markets,"
FMG Discussion Papers
dp658, Financial Markets Group.
- Piero Gottardi & Rohit Rahi, 2014. "Value Of Information In Competitive Economies With Incomplete Markets," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 55, pages 57-81, 02.
- Piero Gottardi & Rohit Rahi, 2007. "Value of information in competitive economies with incomplete markets," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 4749, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Piero Gottardi & Rohit Rahi, 2010. "Value of Information in Competitive Economies with Incomplete Markets," Economics Working Papers ECO2010/34, European University Institute.
- Rohit Rahi & Piero Gottardi, 2007. "Value of Information in Competitive Economies with Incomplete Markets," FMG Discussion Papers dp596, Financial Markets Group.
- Piero Gottardi & Rohit Rahi, 2007. "Value of Information in Competitive Economies with Incomplete Markets," Working Papers 2007_25, Department of Economics, University of Venice "Ca' Foscari".
- Geanakoplos, John & Mas-Colell, Andreu, 1989.
"Real indeterminacy with financial assets,"
Journal of Economic Theory,
Elsevier, vol. 47(1), pages 22-38, February.
- Michael Magill & Martine Quinzii, 2002. "Theory of Incomplete Markets, Volume 1," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262632543, January.
- Magill, Michael & Shafer, Wayne, 1991. "Incomplete markets," Handbook of Mathematical Economics, in: W. Hildenbrand & H. Sonnenschein (ed.), Handbook of Mathematical Economics, edition 1, volume 4, chapter 30, pages 1523-1614 Elsevier.
- Milgrom, Paul & Stokey, Nancy, 1982.
"Information, trade and common knowledge,"
Journal of Economic Theory,
Elsevier, vol. 26(1), pages 17-27, February.
- Lawrence Blume & Tarek Coury & David Easley, 2006. "Information, trade and incomplete markets," Economic Theory, Springer, vol. 29(2), pages 379-394, October.
- Atsushi Kajii & Antonio Villanacci & Alessandro Citanna, 1998. "Constrained suboptimality in incomplete markets: a general approach and two applications," Economic Theory, Springer, vol. 11(3), pages 495-521.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Marcia Gastaldo).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.