Entrepreneurship Capital: A Regional, Organizational, Team, and Individual Phenomenon
AbstractWe review the role entrepreneurship capital in regional economic performance and extend it to explain the economic and entrepreneurial performance of organizations, teams, and individuals. Drawing on entrepreneurship and social capital research, we demonstrate that researchers at different level of analysis are in fact modeling the same underlying multi-level concept: entrepreneurship capital. We identify elements of entrepreneurship capital at and across the levels. Where there are gaps, we suggest new directions for research, public policy, and management practice that focus on enhancing organizational, interpersonal, and personal factors which promote entrepreneurial action at and across regional, organizational, team, and individual levels.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Max Planck Institute of Economics, Entrepreneurship, Growth and Public Policy Group in its series Papers on Entrepreneurship, Growth and Public Policy with number 2007-06.
Length: 39 pages
Date of creation: Feb 2007
Date of revision:
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2007-02-17 (All new papers)
- NEP-BEC-2007-02-17 (Business Economics)
- NEP-ENT-2007-02-17 (Entrepreneurship)
- NEP-HRM-2007-02-17 (Human Capital & Human Resource Management)
- NEP-SOC-2007-02-17 (Social Norms & Social Capital)
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Leitão, João & Franco, Mário, 2008. "Individual Entrepreneurship Capacity and Performance of SMEs," MPRA Paper 8179, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 09 Apr 2008.
- Sang M. Lee & Marta Peris-Ortiz & Rafael Fernández-Guerrero, 2011. "Corporate entrepreneurship and human resource management: theoretical background and a case study," International Journal of Manpower, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 32(1), pages 48-67, March.
- Massón Guerra, José Luis, 2007.
"El capital empresarial como determinante de la productividad y el crecimiento en España
[The Impact of Entrepreneurship Capital on Spanish's Labor Productivity and Economic Growth]," MPRA Paper 4073, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Emilia VâˆšÂ°zquez & Sofia Gomes & Elvira Vieira, 2011. "Entrepreneurship and Economic Growth in Spanish and Portuguese Regions," ERSA conference papers ersa10p1537, European Regional Science Association.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Kerstin SchÃ¼ck).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.