AbstractThis paper proposes, firstly, a versatile model of awareness and awareness change, and secondly, logics for awareness and awareness change developed using this model.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by HEC Paris in its series Les Cahiers de Recherche with number 881.
Length: 31 pages
Date of creation: 04 Dec 2007
Date of revision:
Awareness; knowledge; logic of awareness; awareness change; belief revision.;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- D70 - Microeconomics - - Analysis of Collective Decision-Making - - - General
- D80 - Microeconomics - - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty - - - General
- D82 - Microeconomics - - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty - - - Asymmetric and Private Information; Mechanism Design
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Halpern, Joseph Y., 2001.
"Alternative Semantics for Unawareness,"
Games and Economic Behavior,
Elsevier, vol. 37(2), pages 321-339, November.
- Heifetz, Aviad & Meier, Martin & Schipper, Burkhard C., 2006.
Journal of Economic Theory,
Elsevier, vol. 130(1), pages 78-94, September.
- Heifetz, Aviad & Meier, Martin & Schipper, Burkhard C., 2005. "Interactive Unawareness," Discussion Paper Series of SFB/TR 15 Governance and the Efficiency of Economic Systems 52, Free University of Berlin, Humboldt University of Berlin, University of Bonn, University of Mannheim, University of Munich.
- HEIFETZ, Aviad & MEIER, Martin & SCHIPPER, Burkhard C., 2004. "Interactive unawareness," CORE Discussion Papers 2004059, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Modica, Salvatore & Rustichini, Aldo, 1999. "Unawareness and Partitional Information Structures," Games and Economic Behavior, Elsevier, vol. 27(2), pages 265-298, May.
- HILL, Brian, 2006. "Towards a "sophisticated" model of belief dynamics," Les Cahiers de Recherche 868, HEC Paris.
- Brian Hill, 2009.
"Living without state-independence of utilities,"
Theory and Decision,
Springer, vol. 67(4), pages 405-432, October.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sandra Dupouy).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.