Nothing like the Enron affair could happen in France (!)
AbstractThis article reviews the reactions of the French accounting profession and academia following the collapse of both Enron and Andersen. It considers the general impact on University accounting education programmes and the value of using corporate scandals in the teaching process.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by HEC Paris in its series Les Cahiers de Recherche with number 815.
Length: 25 pages
Date of creation: 11 Mar 2005
Date of revision:
Enron; accounting eductation; ethics; France;
Other versions of this item:
- Herve Stolowy, 2005. "Nothing like the Enron affair could happen in France (!)," European Accounting Review, Taylor & Francis Journals, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 14(2), pages 405-415.
- K41 - Law and Economics - - Legal Procedure, the Legal System, and Illegal Behavior - - - Litigation Process
- K42 - Law and Economics - - Legal Procedure, the Legal System, and Illegal Behavior - - - Illegal Behavior and the Enforcement of Law
- M41 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting - - Accounting - - - Accounting
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2006-01-29 (All new papers)
- NEP-EDU-2006-01-29 (Education)
- NEP-FMK-2006-01-29 (Financial Markets)
- NEP-HRM-2006-01-29 (Human Capital & Human Resource Management)
- NEP-LAW-2006-01-29 (Law & Economics)
- NEP-REG-2006-01-29 (Regulation)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Benston, George J. & Hartgraves, Al L., 2002. "Enron: what happened and what we can learn from it," Journal of Accounting and Public Policy, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 21(2), pages 105-127.
- Baskerville, Rachel F., 2003. "Hofstede never studied culture," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 28(1), pages 1-14, January.
- Nihel Chabrak, 2006. "Perception de l'affaire Enron par des étudiants français : vers une réflexion sur l'enseignement de la comptabilité pour les futurs managers ?," Post-Print, HAL halshs-00558432, HAL.
- Gilles David & Nadia Mhirsi, 2011. "Etude exploratoire de la structuration du Co-commissariat aux comptes en France," Post-Print, HAL halshs-00586218, HAL.
- Gilles David & Nadia Mhirsi, 2011. "Etude exploratoire de la structuration du Co-commissariat aux comptes en France," Post-Print, HAL halshs-00596547, HAL.
- Gilles David & Nadia Mhirsi, 2011. "Etude exploratoire de la structuration du Co-commissariat aux comptes en France," Post-Print, HAL hal-00647593, HAL.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sandra Dupouy).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.