The Impact of Industry and Foreign Trade on Economic Growth in China. An Inter-Sectoral Econometric Model, 1976-2002
AbstractWe analyse economic growth in China having into account the evolution of productive sectors, with special reference to the impact of industry and agriculture on the growth of services, through an inter-sectoral relationship which has also into account the important role of foreign trade. The main conclusions point to the important positive impact imports have on economic growth due to the existence of complementary relationships with internal production. We also analyse the bilateral relationships between industrial development and foreign trade, presenting some international comparisons of the evolution of the Chinese economy with OECD countries, Asian countries and other areas.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University of Santiago de Compostela. Faculty of Economics and Business. Econometrics. in its series Economic Development with number 76.
Date of creation: 2004
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Avda Xoan XXIII S/N, 15704 Santiago de Compostela
Phone: (981) 56 31 00 Ext: 11518
Fax: (981) 56 36 37
Web page: http://www.usc.es/economet/welcomei.htm
More information through EDIRC
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- C51 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric Modeling - - - Model Construction and Estimation
- O53 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economywide Country Studies - - - Asia including Middle East
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2004-06-02 (All new papers)
- NEP-DEV-2004-06-02 (Development)
- NEP-SEA-2004-06-02 (South East Asia)
- NEP-TRA-2004-06-02 (Transition Economics)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Guisan, M.Carmen & Martinez, C., 2003. "Education, Industrial Development and Foreign Trade in Argentina: Econometric Models and International Comparisons," Economic Development 67, University of Santiago de Compostela. Faculty of Economics and Business. Econometrics..
- Barro, Robert J & Lee, Jong Wha, 1996. "International Measures of Schooling Years and Schooling Quality," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 86(2), pages 218-23, May.
- Jorge Crespo & Carmela Martin & Francisco Javier Velázquez, 2002. "International technology diffusion through imports and its impact on economic growth," European Economy Group Working Papers 12, European Economy Group.
- VAZQUEZ-ROZAS, Emilia & VADLAMANNATI, Krishna Chaitanya, 2009. "Direct Foreign Investments In India: Potential & Performance Of Fdi Inflows From United States As Strategic Major Investor," Applied Econometrics and International Development, Euro-American Association of Economic Development, vol. 9(2).
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (M. Carmen Guisan).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.