Evolucion de la Economia Portuguesa, 1946-2000: crecimiento, salarios y empleo
AbstractThis article presents an analysis of the evolution of the Portuguese economy during the second half of the 20th century, having into account the stages of its evolution, and a comparison with Ireland, Spain and other European countries. We stand out the positive impact of human capital and EU membership for industrial development and external trade of Portugal. We present some econometric models to analyse the evolution of real value-added and employment in non-agrarian sectors during the periods 1990-99 and 1960-2000. In spite of the positive trends it is outstanding that the Portuguese economy needs to foster human capital and industrial development in order to increase real wages and income per inhabitant, following the model of the Irish economy.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University of Santiago de Compostela. Faculty of Economics and Business. Econometrics. in its series Economic Development with number 69.
Length: 26 pages
Date of creation: 2003
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Avda Xoan XXIII S/N, 15704 Santiago de Compostela
Phone: (981) 56 31 00 Ext: 11518
Fax: (981) 56 36 37
Web page: http://www.usc.es/economet/welcomei.htm
More information through EDIRC
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- C51 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric Modeling - - - Model Construction and Estimation
- E12 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - General Aggregative Models - - - Keynes; Keynesian; Post-Keynesian
- F14 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Empirical Studies of Trade
- F15 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Economic Integration
- O11 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Macroeconomic Analyses of Economic Development
- O52 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economywide Country Studies - - - Europe
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
You can help add them by filling out this form.
reading list or among the top items on IDEAS.Access and download statisticsgeneral information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (M. Carmen Guisan).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.