Regional patterns of industrial sector in EU countries 1980-1995
AbstractIndustrial concentration in some regions of the European Union countries and in the central areas of EU is analysed during the period between 1980-1995. In this paper with differentiate those sectors showing stronger tendency towards spatial concentration from those which follow a constant patterns and from those that show a tendency towards territorial spreading. Real convergence and the stability in the monetary union are demanding the modification of the problems caused by the excessive concentration. We make an econometric model to quantify and analyse the competitiveness and industrial policy effects on the industrial growth patterns of the regions. We study the above mentioned effects in the industrial sectors of intermediate, capital and consumer goods in the regions of EU countries.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University of Santiago de Compostela. Faculty of Economics and Business. Econometrics. in its series Economic Development with number 16.
Length: 25 pages
Date of creation: 1997
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Avda Xoan XXIII S/N, 15704 Santiago de Compostela
Phone: (981) 56 31 00 Ext: 11518
Fax: (981) 56 36 37
Web page: http://www.usc.es/economet/welcomei.htm
More information through EDIRC
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2002-01-22 (All new papers)
- NEP-EEC-2002-01-22 (European Economics)
- NEP-IFN-2002-01-22 (International Finance)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Maria Remedios Callejon Fornieles & M. Teresa Costa Campi, 1996. "Economias de aglomeracion en la industria," Working Papers in Economics 7, Universitat de Barcelona. Espai de Recerca en Economia.
- Guisan, M.Carmen & Cancelo, M.Teresa & Diaz, M.Rosario, 1998.
"Evaluation of the effects of European regional policy in the diminution of regional disparities,"
Economic Development, University of Santiago de Compostela. Faculty of Economics and Business. Econometrics.
29, University of Santiago de Compostela. Faculty of Economics and Business. Econometrics..
- M. Carmen Guisan & M. Teresa Cancelo & M. Rosario Diaz-Vazquez, 1998. "Evaluation of the effects of European regional policy in the diminution of regional disparities," ERSA conference papers ersa98p312, European Regional Science Association.
- Aguayo, Eva & Exposito, Pilar, 1997. "Inversion industrial y desarrollo regional en las regiones espaÃ±olas," Economic Development, University of Santiago de Compostela. Faculty of Economics and Business. Econometrics. 14, University of Santiago de Compostela. Faculty of Economics and Business. Econometrics..
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (M. Carmen Guisan).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.