Social Mobility: What is it and why does it matter?
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by CEDLAS, Universidad Nacional de La Plata in its series CEDLAS, Working Papers with number 0101.
Length: 59 pages
Date of creation: Jun 2010
Date of revision:
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2010-06-18 (All new papers)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Hassler, John & Rodríguez Mora, José Vicente & Zeira, Joseph, 2000.
"Inequality and Mobility,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
2497, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- John Hassler & José Vicente Rodríguez Mora & Joseph Zeira, 2003. "Inequality and Mobility," Working Papers 23, Barcelona Graduate School of Economics.
- John Hassler & Jose V. Rodriguez Mora & Joseph Zeira, 2007. "Inequality and Mobility," ESE Discussion Papers 165, Edinburgh School of Economics, University of Edinburgh.
- Hassler, John & Rodriguez Mora, Jose V. & Zeira, Joseph, 2002. "Inequality and Mobility," Working Paper Series rwp02-009, Harvard University, John F. Kennedy School of Government.
- Cunha, Flavio & Heckman, James J. & Lochner, Lance & Masterov, Dimitriy V., 2005.
"Interpreting the Evidence on Life Cycle Skill Formation,"
IZA Discussion Papers
1675, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Cunha, Flavio & Heckman, James J. & Lochner, Lance, 2006. "Interpreting the Evidence on Life Cycle Skill Formation," Handbook of the Economics of Education, Elsevier.
- Flavio Cunha & James J. Heckman & Lance Lochner & Dimitriy V. Masterov, 2005. "Interpreting the Evidence on Life Cycle Skill Formation," NBER Working Papers 11331, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Ravallion, Martin & Lokshin, Michael, 2000. "Who wants to redistribute?: The tunnel effect in 1990s Russia," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 76(1), pages 87-104, April.
- Owen, Ann L. & Weil, David N., 1998.
"Intergenerational earnings mobility, inequality and growth,"
Journal of Monetary Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 41(1), pages 71-104, February.
- Ann L. Owen & David N. Weil, 1997. "Intergenerational Earnings Mobility, Inequality, and Growth," NBER Working Papers 6070, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Jose V. Rodriguez Mora & John Hassler, 2000. "Intelligence, Social Mobility, and Growth," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 90(4), pages 888-908, September.
- Lakshmi K. Raut, 1996. "Signalling equilibrium, Intergenerational mobility and long-run growth," GE, Growth, Math methods 9603002, EconWPA.
- Harms, Philipp & Zink, Stefan, 2003. " Eating the Rich vs. Feeding the Poor: Borrowing Constraints and the Reluctance to Redistribute," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 116(3-4), pages 351-66, September.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ana Pacheco).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.