A Policy Agenda for Diversity and Minority Integration
AbstractThe social and labor market integration of ethnic minorities in the EU is still a major political, societal and economic challenge. Based on evidence presented in Kahanec and Zimmermann (2011), this policy paper proposes an agenda for diversity and minority integration in the European labor markets. Policies to foster the labor market and social integration of ethnic majorities can work. But they need to involve all stakeholders, including all levels of government, public and private sectors, as well as civil society organizations, combine general and targeted action in a balanced, complementary and reinforcing way, respond to the needs of the affected groups and provide open access to people from diverse ethnic backgrounds, and be persistent and allow for time to become effective. Identification and transfer of good practices is essential.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research in its series Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin with number 1091.
Length: o. p.
Date of creation: 2010
Date of revision:
immigrants; ethnic minority; integration; diversity; labor market; diversity management; integration policy;
Other versions of this item:
- Kahanec, Martin & Zimmermann, Klaus F., 2010. "A Policy Agenda for Diversity and Minority Integration," IZA Policy Papers 21, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- J15 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demographic Economics - - - Economics of Minorities, Races, and Immigrants; Non-labor Discrimination
- J71 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Labor Discrimination - - - Hiring and Firing
- J78 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Labor Discrimination - - - Public Policy (including comparable worth)
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2011-01-03 (All new papers)
You can help add them by filling out this form.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Bibliothek).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.