Market integration and network industries
AbstractWhat is the effect of product market integration on the market equilibrium in the presence of international externalities in consumption ? To address this question, we set up a spatial two-country model and we find that the economic forces at work may have an ambiguous effect on prices.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Université catholique de Louvain, Département des Sciences Economiques in its series Discussion Papers (ECON - Département des Sciences Economiques) with number 2008018.
Date of creation: 01 Jun 2008
Date of revision:
compatibility; horizontal differentiation; network effect;
Other versions of this item:
- MAULEON, Ana & VANNETELBOSCH, Vincent & VERGARI, Cecilia, 2008. "Market integration in network industries," CORE Discussion Papers 2008025, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- MAULEON, Ana & VANNETELBOSCH, Vincent & VERGARI, Cecilia, . "Market integration in network industries," CORE Discussion Papers RP -2071, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- L13 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - Oligopoly and Other Imperfect Markets
- L15 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - Information and Product Quality
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Gandal, N. & Shy, O., 1996.
"Standardization Policy and International Trade,"
12-96, Tel Aviv - the Sackler Institute of Economic Studies.
- Toru Kikuchi & Kazumichi Iwasa, 2007. "Indirect Network Effects and Trade Patterns," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 6(24), pages 1-9.
- Janeba, Eckhard, 2007. "International trade and consumption network externalities," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 51(4), pages 781-803, May.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Anne DAVISTER-LOGIST).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.