Cooperation for the innovation at the local level: a successful Italian case
Abstractthe cooperation for the innovation within the industrial districts has been largely investigated, but the economic literature counts a limited number of successful and durable cases. In this paper the focus is Ruvaris , a company operating in the taps & fittings industry, that represents a good example of a structured cooperation growing during the years. In fact Ruvaris has been created by some competitors based in different districts and areas of Italy, in order to manage cooperative projects for innovation without the implication of public bodies and, in the first phase, without public financial support.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Institute for Economic Research on Firms and Growth - Moncalieri (TO) in its series CERIS Working Paper with number 201215.
Length: 22 pages Keywords : cooperation, innovation, industrial districts, taps & fittings industry
Date of creation: Dec 2012
Date of revision:
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- L24 - Industrial Organization - - Firm Objectives, Organization, and Behavior - - - Contracting Out; Joint Ventures
- L61 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Manufacturing - - - Metals and Metal Products; Cement; Glass; Ceramics
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Asheim, Bjorn T. & Coenen, Lars, 2005. "Knowledge bases and regional innovation systems: Comparing Nordic clusters," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 34(8), pages 1173-1190, October.
- Riccardo Cappellin, 2010. "The Governance of Regional Knowledge Networks," SCIENZE REGIONALI, FrancoAngeli Editore, vol. 2010(3), pages 5-41.
- Baptista, Rui & Swann, Peter, 1998. "Do firms in clusters innovate more?," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 27(5), pages 525-540, September.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Enrico Viarisio) or (Anna Perin) or (Giancarlo Birello).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.