Knowledge-bases, places, spatial configurations and the performance of knowledge-intensive professional service firms
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Oxford University Press in its journal Journal of Economic Geography.
Volume (Year): 12 (2012)
Issue (Month): 5 (September)
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Oxford University Press, Great Clarendon Street, Oxford OX2 6DP, UK
Fax: 01865 267 985
Web page: http://joeg.oxfordjournals.org/
Other versions of this item:
- Li, QC & Tether, BS & Mina, A, 2012. "Knowledge-bases, places, spatial configurations and the performance of knowledge-intensive professional service firms," Working Papers 9793, Imperial College, London, Imperial College Business School.
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Bruce S. Tether & J. Stan Metcalfe, 2003. "Horndal at Heathrow? Capacity creation through co-operation and system evolution," Industrial and Corporate Change, Oxford University Press, vol. 12(3), pages 437-476, June.
- Andreas Koch & Thomas Stahlecker, 2004. "Regional innovation systems and the foundation of knowledge intensive business services. A comparative study in Bremen, Munich, and Stuttgart, Germany," European Planning Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 14(2), pages 123-146, November.
- James R. Faulconbridge, 2008. "Negotiating cultures of work in transnational law firms," Journal of Economic Geography, Oxford University Press, vol. 8(4), pages 497-517, July.
- Muller, Emmanuel & Zenker, Andrea, 2001. "Business services as actors of knowledge transformation: the role of KIBS in regional and national innovation systems," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 30(9), pages 1501-1516, December.
- Richard N. Langlois, 2003.
"The vanishing hand: the changing dynamics of industrial capitalism,"
Industrial and Corporate Change,
Oxford University Press, vol. 12(2), pages 351-385, April.
- Richard N. Langlois, 2002. "The Vanishing Hand: the Changing Dynamics of Industrial Capitalism," Working papers 2002-21, University of Connecticut, Department of Economics.
- Richard N. Langlois, 2001. "The Vanishing Hand: the Changing Dynamics of Industrial Capitalism," Economic History 0110001, EconWPA.
- Meric S. Gertler, 2003. "Tacit knowledge and the economic geography of context, or The undefinable tacitness of being (there)," Journal of Economic Geography, Oxford University Press, vol. 3(1), pages 75-99, January.
- Ian R. Gordon & Philip McCann, 2005. "Innovation, agglomeration, and regional development," Journal of Economic Geography, Oxford University Press, vol. 5(5), pages 523-543, October.
- Martin, Roman & Moodysson, Jerker, 2010.
"Innovation in symbolic industries: the geography and organisation of knowledge sourcing,"
CIRCLE Electronic Working Papers
2010/7, Lund University, CIRCLE - Center for Innovation, Research and Competences in the Learning Economy.
- Roman Martin & Jerker Moodysson, 2010. "Innovation in Symbolic Industries: The Geography and Organization of Knowledge Sourcing," European Planning Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 19(7), pages 1183-1203, September.
- R Blundell & Steven Bond, .
"Initial conditions and moment restrictions in dynamic panel data model,"
W14&104., Economics Group, Nuffield College, University of Oxford.
- Blundell, Richard & Bond, Stephen, 1998. "Initial conditions and moment restrictions in dynamic panel data models," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 87(1), pages 115-143, August.
- Blundell, R. & Bond, S., 1995. "Initial Conditions and Moment Restrictions in Dynamic Panel Data Models," Economics Papers 104, Economics Group, Nuffield College, University of Oxford.
- Richard Blundell & Steve Bond, 1995. "Initial conditions and moment restrictions in dynamic panel data models," IFS Working Papers W95/17, Institute for Fiscal Studies.
- Antonelli, Cristiano, 2003. "Localized Technological Change," Department of Economics and Statistics Cognetti de Martiis LEI & BRICK - Laboratory of Economics of Innovation "Franco Momigliano", Bureau of Research in Innovation, Complexity and Knowledge, Collegio 200305, University of Turin.
- Jonathan V. Beaverstock, 2004. "'Managing across borders': knowledge management and expatriation in professional service legal firms," Journal of Economic Geography, Oxford University Press, vol. 4(2), pages 157-179, April.
- James R. Faulconbridge, 2006. "Stretching tacit knowledge beyond a local fix? Global spaces of learning in advertising professional service firms," Journal of Economic Geography, Oxford University Press, vol. 6(4), pages 517-540, August.
- David Doloreux & Richard Shearmur, 2012. "Collaboration, information and the geography of innovation in knowledge intensive business services," Journal of Economic Geography, Oxford University Press, vol. 12(1), pages 79-105, January.
- Dominique Foray & W. Edward Steinmueller, 2003. "The economics of knowledge reproduction by inscription," Industrial and Corporate Change, Oxford University Press, vol. 12(2), pages 299-319, April.
- Zucker, Lynne G & Darby, Michael R & Brewer, Marilynn B, 1998. "Intellectual Human Capital and the Birth of U.S. Biotechnology Enterprises," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 88(1), pages 290-306, March.
- James R Faulconbridge, 2010. "Global architects: learning and innovation through communities and constellations of practice," Environment and Planning A, Pion Ltd, London, vol. 42(12), pages 2842-2858, December.
- Giovanni Dosi & Marco Grazzi, 2010. "On the nature of technologies: knowledge, procedures, artifacts and production inputs," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 34(1), pages 173-184, January.
- Howells, Jeremy, 2006. "Intermediation and the role of intermediaries in innovation," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(5), pages 715-728, June.
- J N Marshall & P A Wood, 1992. "The role of services in urban and regional development: recent debates and new directions," Environment and Planning A, Pion Ltd, London, vol. 24(9), pages 1255-1270, September.
- M Arellano & O Bover, 1990.
"Another Look at the Instrumental Variable Estimation of Error-Components Models,"
CEP Discussion Papers
dp0007, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Arellano, Manuel & Bover, Olympia, 1995. "Another look at the instrumental variable estimation of error-components models," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 68(1), pages 29-51, July.
- Lissoni, Francesco, 2001. "Knowledge codification and the geography of innovation: the case of Brescia mechanical cluster," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 30(9), pages 1479-1500, December.
- Richard Shearmur & David Doloreux, 2009. "Place, Space and Distance: Towards a Geography of Knowledge-Intensive Business Services Innovation," Industry and Innovation, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 16(1), pages 79-102.
- Asheim, Bjorn T. & Coenen, Lars, 2005. "Knowledge bases and regional innovation systems: Comparing Nordic clusters," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 34(8), pages 1173-1190, October.
- Nightingale, Paul, 1998. "A cognitive model of innovation," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 27(7), pages 689-709, November.
- David Doloreux & Richard Shearmur, 2010. "Exploring and comparing innovation patterns across different knowledge intensive business services," Economics of Innovation and New Technology, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 19(7), pages 605-625.
- Bj�rn Asheim & Lars Coenen & Jan Vang, 2007. "Face-to-face, buzz, and knowledge bases: sociospatial implications for learning, innovation, and innovation policy," Environment and Planning C: Government and Policy, Pion Ltd, London, vol. 25(5), pages 655-670, October.
- Baptista, Rui & Swann, Peter, 1998. "Do firms in clusters innovate more?," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 27(5), pages 525-540, September.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Oxford University Press) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.