A Note on the Convergence of Nonparametric DEA Efficiency Measures
AbstractEfficiency scores of production units are measured by their distance to an estimated production frontier. Nonparametric DEA estimators are based on a finite sample of observed production units and radial distances are considered. We investigate the consistency and the speed of convergence of these estimated efficiency scores (or of the radial distances) in the very general setup of multi-output and multi-input case. It is shown that the speed of convergence relies on the smoothness of the unknown frontier and on the number of inputs and of outputs. Furthermore, one has to distinguish betwen the output- and the input-oriented case.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE) in its series CORE Discussion Papers with number 1996039.
Date of creation: 01 Sep 1996
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Voie du Roman Pays 34, 1348 Louvain-la-Neuve (Belgium)
Fax: +32 10474304
Web page: http://www.uclouvain.be/core
More information through EDIRC
Other versions of this item:
- Kneip, A & Park, B-U & Simar, L, 1996. "A Note on the Convergence of Nonparametric DEA Efficiency Measures," Papers 9603, Catholique de Louvain - Institut de statistique.
- C14 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - Semiparametric and Nonparametric Methods: General
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- David C. Wheelock & Paul Wilson, 2007.
"Non-parametric, unconditional quantile estimation for efficiency analysis with an application to Federal Reserve check processing operations,"
2005-027, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis.
- Wheelock, David C. & Wilson, Paul W., 2008. "Non-parametric, unconditional quantile estimation for efficiency analysis with an application to Federal Reserve check processing operations," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 145(1-2), pages 209-225, July.
- Paul W. Wilson & David C. Wheelock, 2004.
"Robust Nonparametric Estimation of Efficiency and Technical Change in U.S. Commercial Banking,"
Econometric Society 2004 North American Summer Meetings
433, Econometric Society.
- David C. Wheelock & Paul Wilson, 2003. "Robust nonparametric estimation of efficiency and technical change in U.S. commercial banking," Working Papers 2003-037, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis.
- Leopold Simar & Paul Wilson, 2000.
"A general methodology for bootstrapping in non-parametric frontier models,"
Journal of Applied Statistics,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 27(6), pages 779-802.
- Simar, L. & Wilson, P.W., 1998. "A General Methodology for Bootstrapping in Nonparametric Frontier Models," Papers 9811, Catholique de Louvain - Institut de statistique.
- Kneip, Alois & Simar, Léopold & Wilson, Paul W., 2008.
"Asymptotics And Consistent Bootstraps For Dea Estimators In Nonparametric Frontier Models,"
Cambridge University Press, vol. 24(06), pages 1663-1697, December.
- Alois Kneip & Léopold Simar & Paul W. Wilson, 2006. "Asymptotics and Consistent Bootstraps for DEA Estimators in Non-parametric Frontier Models," Bonn Econ Discussion Papers bgse12_2006, University of Bonn, Germany.
- Kittelsen,S.A.C., 1999. "Monte Carlo simulations of DEA efficiency measures and hypothesis tests," Memorandum 09/1999, Oslo University, Department of Economics.
- Theodoridis, A.M. & Psychoudakis, A. & Christofi, A., 2006. "Data Envelopment Analysis as a Complement to Marginal Analysis," Agricultural Economics Review, Greek Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 7(2), August.
- Kjoeserud,G.G. & Kvamme,O.J. & Kittelsen,S.A.C., 2001.
"Errors in survey based quality evaluation variables in efficiency models of primary care physicians,"
24/2001, Oslo University, Department of Economics.
- Kittelsen, Sverre A.C. & Kjæserud, Guri Galtung & Kvamme, Odd Jarle, 2009. "Errors in Survey Based Quality Evaluation Variables in Efficiency Models of Primary Care Physicians," HERO On line Working Paper Series 2001:12, Oslo University, Health Economics Research Programme.
- David C. Wheelock & Paul W. Wilson, 1995.
"Why do banks disappear? The determinants of U.S. bank failures and acquisitions,"
1995-013, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis.
- David C. Wheelock & Paul W. Wilson, 2000. "Why do Banks Disappear? The Determinants of U.S. Bank Failures and Acquisitions," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 82(1), pages 127-138, February.
- Léopold Simar & Paul Wilson, 2011. "Two-stage DEA: caveat emptor," Journal of Productivity Analysis, Springer, vol. 36(2), pages 205-218, October.
- Simar, L. & Wilson, P.W., 1998.
"Productivity Growth in Industrialized Countries,"
9810, Catholique de Louvain - Institut de statistique.
- Ferjani, Ali, 2005. "Does Switzerland Have a Productivity Problem?," Agrarwirtschaft und Agrarsoziologie/ Economie et Sociologie Rurales, Swiss Society for Agricultural Economics and Rural Sociology, issue 1.
- Kittelsen, Sverre A.C. & Magnussen, Jon, 2009. "Testing DEA Models of Efficiency in Norwegian Psychiatric Outpatient Clinics," HERO On line Working Paper Series 1999:4, Oslo University, Health Economics Research Programme.
- Laurent Cavaignac, 2009. "Bias of distance functions estimates and Primont and Primont’s homotheticity test," Journal of Productivity Analysis, Springer, vol. 31(2), pages 95-100, April.
- Léopold Simar & Paul Wilson, 2011. "Inference by the m out of n bootstrap in nonparametric frontier models," Journal of Productivity Analysis, Springer, vol. 36(1), pages 33-53, August.
- Alois Kneip & Léopold Simar & Paul Wilson, 2011. "A Computationally Efficient, Consistent Bootstrap for Inference with Non-parametric DEA Estimators," Computational Economics, Society for Computational Economics, vol. 38(4), pages 483-515, November.
- Hallsteinli, Vidar & Kittelsen, Sverre AC & Magnussen, Jon, 2009. "Scale, efficiency and organization in Norwegian psychiatric outpatient clinics for children," HERO On line Working Paper Series 2001:8, Oslo University, Health Economics Research Programme.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Alain GILLIS).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.