AbstractAt a Nash - Walras equilibrium, individuals exchange commodities competitively, and, simultaneously, they interact strategically. Under standard assumptions, NashWalras equilibria exist, equilibrium profiles of actions are, typically, determinate but Pareto suboptimal, though not constrained Pareto suboptimal: a transfer of revenue need not suffice for a Pareto improvement in welfare.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE) in its series CORE Discussion Papers with number 1995080.
Date of creation: 01 Dec 1995
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Voie du Roman Pays 34, 1348 Louvain-la-Neuve (Belgium)
Fax: +32 10474304
Web page: http://www.uclouvain.be/core
More information through EDIRC
Nash; Walras; equilibrium; determinacy; optimality;
Other versions of this item:
- D70 - Microeconomics - - Analysis of Collective Decision-Making - - - General
- D72 - Microeconomics - - Analysis of Collective Decision-Making - - - Political Processes: Rent-seeking, Lobbying, Elections, Legislatures, and Voting Behavior
- D50 - Microeconomics - - General Equilibrium and Disequilibrium - - - General
- D60 - Microeconomics - - Welfare Economics - - - General
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- MINELLI, Enrico & POLEMARCHAKIS, Heracles, 1999. "Nash-Walras equilibria of a large economy," CORE Discussion Papers 1999043, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Andrés Carvajal, 2003.
"Testable Restrictions og General Equilibrium Theory in Exchange Economies with Externalities,"
BORRADORES DE ECONOMIA
003556, BANCO DE LA REPÚBLICA.
- Andrés Carvajal, . "Testable Restrictions of General Equilibrium Theory in Exchange Economies with Externalities," Borradores de Economia 231, Banco de la Republica de Colombia.
- Andrés Carvajal, 2004. "Testable Restrictions of General Equilibrium Theory in Exchange Economies with Externalities," Royal Holloway, University of London: Discussion Papers in Economics 04/28, Department of Economics, Royal Holloway University of London, revised Nov 2004.
- Deb, Rahul, 2009. "A testable model of consumption with externalities," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 144(4), pages 1804-1816, July.
- Deb, Rahul, 2008. "Interdependent Preferences, Potential Games and Household Consumption," MPRA Paper 6818, University Library of Munich, Germany.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Alain GILLIS).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.