Testing For Equality Between Two Copulas
AbstractWe develop a test of equality between two dependence structures estimated through empirical copulas. We provide inference for independent or paired samples. The multiplier central limit theorem is used for calculating p-values of the Cram´er-von Mises test statistic. Finite sample properties are assessed with Monte Carlo experiments. We apply the testing procedure on empirical examples in finance, psychology, insurance and medicine.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Swiss Finance Institute in its series Swiss Finance Institute Research Paper Series with number 07-24.
Length: 24 pages
Date of creation: Jun 2006
Date of revision:
Copula; Cram´er-von Mises statistic; empirical process; pseudo-observations; multiplier central limit theorem; p-value.;
Other versions of this item:
- C12 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - Hypothesis Testing: General
- C14 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - Semiparametric and Nonparametric Methods: General
- C15 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - Statistical Simulation Methods: General
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Ivan Kojadinovic & Jun Yan, . "Modeling Multivariate Distributions with Continuous Margins Using the copula R Package," Journal of Statistical Software, American Statistical Association, vol. 34(i09).
- Boris Brodsky & Henry Penikas & Irina Safaryan, 2012. "Copula structural shift identification," HSE Working papers WP BRP 05/FE/2012, National Research University Higher School of Economics.
- Boente, Graciela & Cao, Ricardo & González Manteiga, Wenceslao & Rodriguez, Daniela, 2013. "Testing in generalized partially linear models: A robust approach," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 83(1), pages 203-212.
- Penikas, H., 2010. "Financial Applications of Copula-Models," Journal of the New Economic Association, New Economic Association, issue 7, pages 24-44.
- Brodsky, Boris & Penikas, Henry & Safaryan, Irina, 2009. "Detection of Structural Breaks in Copula Models," Applied Econometrics, Publishing House "SINERGIA PRESS", vol. 16(4), pages 3-15.
- Miguel A. Delgado & Juan Carlos Escanciano, 2011.
"Conditional stochastic dominance testing,"
Economics Working Papers
we1138, Universidad Carlos III, Departamento de Economía.
- Christian Genest & Johanna Nešlehová & Jean-François Quessy, 2012. "Tests of symmetry for bivariate copulas," Annals of the Institute of Statistical Mathematics, Springer, vol. 64(4), pages 811-834, August.
- Jäschke, Stefan, 2014. "Estimation of risk measures in energy portfolios using modern copula techniques," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 76(C), pages 359-376.
- Jean-David Fermanian, 2012. "An overview of the goodness-of-fit test problem for copulas," Papers 1211.4416, arXiv.org.
- Quessy, Jean-François & Éthier, François, 2012. "Cramér–von Mises and characteristic function tests for the two and k-sample problems with dependent data," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 56(6), pages 2097-2111.
- Berghaus, Betina & Bücher, Axel, 2014. "Nonparametric tests for tail monotonicity," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 180(2), pages 117-126.
- Bücher, Axel & Ruppert, Martin, 2013. "Consistent testing for a constant copula under strong mixing based on the tapered block multiplier technique," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 116(C), pages 208-229.
- Jean-David Fermanian & Dragan Radulovic & Marten Wegkamp, 2013. "A Asymptotic Total Variation Test for Copulas," Working Papers 2013-25, Centre de Recherche en Economie et Statistique.
- Bücher, Axel & Volgushev, Stanislav, 2013. "Empirical and sequential empirical copula processes under serial dependence," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 119(C), pages 61-70.
- Bücher, Axel & Dette, Holger, 2010. "A note on bootstrap approximations for the empirical copula process," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 80(23-24), pages 1925-1932, December.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Marilyn Barja).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.