A Asymptotic Total Variation Test for Copulas
AbstractWe propose a new goodness-of-fit test for copulas, based on empirical copula processes and nonparametric bootstrap counterparts. The standard Kolmogorov-Smirnov type test for copulas that takes the supremum of the empirical copula process indexed by orthants is extended by test statistics based on the supremum of the empirical copula process indexed by families of Ln disjoint boxes, with Ln slowly tending to infinity. Although the underlying empirical process does not converge, the critical values of our new test statistic can be consistently estimated by nonparametric bootstrap techniques, under simple or composite null assumptions. Simulations confirm that the power of the new procedure is oftentimes higher than the power of the standard Kolmogorov-Smirnov or the Cramer-von Mises tests for copulas
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Centre de Recherche en Economie et Statistique in its series Working Papers with number 2013-25.
Date of creation: 2013
Date of revision:
Bootstrap; copula; empirical copula process; goodness-of-fit Test; weak Convergence;
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Hvattum, Lars Magnus & Glover, Fred, 2009. "Finding local optima of high-dimensional functions using direct search methods," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 195(1), pages 31-45, May.
- Bruno Rémillard & Olivier Scaillet, 2006.
"Testing For Equality Between Two Copulas,"
Swiss Finance Institute Research Paper Series
07-24, Swiss Finance Institute.
- Bücher, Axel & Dette, Holger, 2010. "A note on bootstrap approximations for the empirical copula process," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 80(23-24), pages 1925-1932, December.
- Genest, Christian & Rémillard, Bruno & Beaudoin, David, 2009. "Goodness-of-fit tests for copulas: A review and a power study," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 44(2), pages 199-213, April.
- repec:sae:ecolab:v:16:y:2006:i:2:p:1-2 is not listed on IDEAS
- Fermanian, Jean-David, 2005. "Goodness-of-fit tests for copulas," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 95(1), pages 119-152, July.
- Liebscher, Eckhard, 2008. "Construction of asymmetric multivariate copulas," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 99(10), pages 2234-2250, November.
- Daniel Berg, 2009. "Copula goodness-of-fit testing: an overview and power comparison," The European Journal of Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 15(7-8), pages 675-701.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Florian Sallaberry).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.