Water Allocation Among Multiple Uses Using Interactive Decision Maps
AbstractAlqueva dam in the Alentejo Region was developed to solve water scarcity in the South of Portugal and to ensure permanent availability of water for household and industrial consumption, irrigation, production of electric energy, and ecological and environmental purposes. Competition among some of these multiple water uses requires an integrated management framework. This paper uses Interactive Decision Maps (IDM) technique to explore and achieve efficient and equitable water allocation combinations taking into account those multiple goals and principles of good water governance.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University of Evora, CEFAGE-UE (Portugal) in its series CEFAGE-UE Working Papers with number 2009_14.
Length: 21 pages
Date of creation: 2009
Date of revision:
Operations Research; Water Management; Multiple Criteria Decision Making; Interactive Decision Maps; Feasible Goal Method; Alqueva;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- Q2 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Renewable Resources and Conservation
- Q25 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Renewable Resources and Conservation - - - Water
- C6 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Mathematical Methods; Programming Models; Mathematical and Simulation Modeling
- C61 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Mathematical Methods; Programming Models; Mathematical and Simulation Modeling - - - Optimization Techniques; Programming Models; Dynamic Analysis
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AGR-2009-12-05 (Agricultural Economics)
- NEP-ALL-2009-12-05 (All new papers)
- NEP-ENV-2009-12-05 (Environmental Economics)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Ventura-Lucas, Maria Raquel & Godinho, Maria de Lurdes Ferro & Fragoso, Rui Manuel de Sousa, 2002. "The Evolution of the Agri-Environmental Policies and Sustainable Agriculture," 2002 International Congress, August 28-31, 2002, Zaragoza, Spain 24956, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Angela Pacheco).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.