Currency Areas, Exchange Rate Systems and International Monetary Reform
AbstractI. Introduction II. The Pre-Eminence of the Dollar III. The Fate of the Gold Standard IV. Currency Areas and Currency Unions V. The Importance of Monetary Rules VI. Monetary Arrangements in Free Trade Areas and Customs Unions VII. Central Banks, Dollarization and the Maastricht Conditions VIII. Exchange Rate Volatility and Internal vs. External Stability IX. Towards a World Currency
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Universidad del CEMA in its series CEMA Working Papers: Serie Documentos de Trabajo. with number 167.
Date of creation: May 2000
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Av. Córdoba 374, (C1054AAP) Capital Federal
Phone: (5411) 6314-3000
Fax: (5411) 4314-1654
Web page: http://www.cema.edu.ar/publicaciones/doc_trabajo.html
More information through EDIRC
Other versions of this item:
- Robert Mundell, 2000. "Currency Areas, Exchange Rate Systems and International Monetary Reform," Journal of Applied Economics, Universidad del CEMA, vol. 0, pages 217-256, November.
- E52 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Monetary Policy, Central Banking, and the Supply of Money and Credit - - - Monetary Policy
- F33 - International Economics - - International Finance - - - International Monetary Arrangements and Institutions
- N10 - Economic History - - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics; Industrial Structure; Growth; Fluctuations - - - General, International, or Comparative
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Mundell, Robert A., 1995. "The international monetary system: The missing factor," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 17(5), pages 479-492, October.
- Robert A. Mundell, 2000.
"A Reconsideration of the Twentieth Century,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 90(3), pages 327-340, June.
- Mundell, Robert A., 1999. "A Reconsideration of the Twentieth Century," Nobel Prize in Economics documents, Nobel Prize Committee 1999-5, Nobel Prize Committee.
- Goudarzi, Mostafa & Khanarinejad, Komeil & Ardakani, Zahra, 2012. "Investigation the Role of Exchange Rate Volatility on Iran's Agricultural Exports (Case Study: Date, Pistachio and Saffron)," AGRIS on-line Papers in Economics and Informatics, Czech University of Life Sciences Prague, Faculty of Economics and Management, Czech University of Life Sciences Prague, Faculty of Economics and Management, vol. 4(1), March.
- Nannette Lindenberg & Frank Westermann, 2010.
"How Strong is the Case for Dollarization in Central America? An Empirical Analysis of Business Cycles, Credit Market Imperfections and the Exchange Rate,"
Working Papers, Institute of Empirical Economic Research
83, Institute of Empirical Economic Research.
- Nannette Lindenberg & Frank Westermann, 2012. "How strong is the case for dollarization in Central America? An empirical analysis of business cycles, credit market imperfections and the exchange rate," International Journal of Finance & Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 17(2), pages 147-166, 04.
- Ferto, Imre & Fogarasi, Jozsef, 2012.
"On Trade Impact of Exchange Rate Volatility and Institutional Quality: The Case of Central European Countries,"
123rd Seminar, February 23-24, 2012, Dublin, Ireland, European Association of Agricultural Economists
122510, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Ferto, Imre & Fogarasi, Jozsef, 2011. "On Trade Impact of Exchange Rate Volatility and Institutional Quality: The Case of Central European Countries," 2011 International Congress, August 30-September 2, 2011, Zurich, Switzerland, European Association of Agricultural Economists 114351, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Ferro, Gustavo, 2001.
"De bancos centrales, juntas monetarias y dolarización
[On central banks, currency boards and dollarization]," MPRA Paper 15354, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Carrera, Jorge Eduardo, 2004. "Hard peg and monetary unions.Main lessons from the Argentine experience," MPRA Paper 7843, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 2007.
- Hovanov, Nikolai V. & Kolari, James W. & Sokolov, Mikhail V., 2004. "Computing currency invariant indices with an application to minimum variance currency baskets," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 28(8), pages 1481-1504, June.
- Finn Marten KÃ¶rner & Holger Zemanek, 2013.
"On the Brink? Intra-euro Area Imbalances and the Sustainability of Foreign Debt,"
Review of International Economics,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 21(1), pages 18-34, 02.
- Körner, Finn Marten & Zemanek, Holger, 2012. "On the brink? Intra-euro area imbalances and the sustainability of foreign debt," Working Papers 109, University of Leipzig, Faculty of Economics and Management Science.
- Ferro, Gustavo, 2001. "Currency Board: From Stabilization to Full Dollarization? The Argentine Experience," MPRA Paper 15353, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Bernardo X. FernÃ¡ndez TellerÃa, 2006.
"Dollarization hysteresis network externalities and the "Past legacy" effect: The case of Bolivia,"
Revista de AnÃ¡lisis del BCB, Banco Central de Bolivia,
Banco Central de Bolivia, vol. 9(1), pages 7-64, December.
- Bernardo X. FernÃ¡ndez TellerÃa, 2007. "Dollarization hysteresis, network externalities and the â€œpast legacyâ€ effect: the case of Bolivia," Monetaria, Centro de Estudios Monetarios Latinoamericanos, Centro de Estudios Monetarios Latinoamericanos, vol. 0(2), pages 167-217, marzo-abr.
- Sell, Friedrich L., 2004. "Währungspolitik im Dienste von Entwicklung : Immer noch ein Forschungsprogramm!," Working Papers in Economics 2004,2, Universität der Bundeswehr München, Economic Research Group.
- Rageh, Rania, 2010. "Interest rate rule for the conduct of monetary policy: analysis for Egypt (1997:2007)," MPRA Paper 26639, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Cordeiro, Jose Luis, 2008. "Monetary Systems in Developing Countries: An Unorthodox View," IDE Discussion Papers, Institute of Developing Economies, Japan External Trade Organization(JETRO) 154, Institute of Developing Economies, Japan External Trade Organization(JETRO).
- Lamberte, Mario B. & Milo, Melanie S. & Pontines, Victor, 2001. "NO to Â¥E$? Enhancing Economic Integration in East Asia through Closer Monetary Cooperation," Discussion Papers DP 2001-16, Philippine Institute for Development Studies.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Valeria Dowding).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.