Archimedean Copulas and Temporal Dependence
AbstractWe study the dependence properties of stationary Markov chains generated by Archimedean copulas. Under some simple regularity conditions, we show that regular variation of the Archimedean generator at zero and one implies geometric orgodicityof the associated Markov chain. We verify our assumptions for a range of Archimedean copulas used in applications.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Department of Economics, UC San Diego in its series University of California at San Diego, Economics Working Paper Series with number qt0xh8q1g3.
Date of creation: 09 Sep 2010
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: 9500 Gilman Drive, La Jolla, CA 92093-0508
Phone: (858) 534-3383
Fax: (858) 534-7040
Web page: http://www.escholarship.org/repec/ucsdecon/
More information through EDIRC
archimedean copula; geometric ergodicity; Markov chain; mixing; regular variation; tail dependence; Social and Behavioral Sciences;
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Juri, Alessandro & Wuthrich, Mario V., 2002. "Copula convergence theorems for tail events," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 30(3), pages 405-420, June.
- Xiaohong Chen & Roger Koenker & Zhijie Xiao, 2008.
"Copula-Based Nonlinear Quantile Autoregression,"
Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers
1679, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Xiaohong Chen & Roger Koenker & Zhijie Xiao, 2008. "Copula-based nonlinear quantile autoregression," CeMMAP working papers CWP27/08, Centre for Microdata Methods and Practice, Institute for Fiscal Studies.
- Xiaohong Chen & Roger Koenker & Zhijie Xiao, 2008. "Copula-Based Nonlinear Quantile Autoregression," Boston College Working Papers in Economics 691, Boston College Department of Economics.
- Ibragimov, Rustam, 2009. "Copula-Based Characterizations For Higher Order Markov Processes," Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 25(03), pages 819-846, June.
- P. Gagliardini & C. Gourieroux, 2008.
"Duration time-series models with proportional hazard,"
Journal of Time Series Analysis,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 29(1), pages 74-124, 01.
- Patrick Gagliardini & Christian Gourieroux, 2002. "Duration Time Series Models with Proportional Hazard," Working Papers 2002-21, Centre de Recherche en Economie et Statistique.
- Eric Bouye & Mark Salmon, 2009. "Dynamic copula quantile regressions and tail area dynamic dependence in Forex markets," European Journal of Finance, Taylor and Francis Journals, vol. 15(7-8), pages 721-750.
- Chen, Xiaohong & Fan, Yanqin, 2006. "Estimation of copula-based semiparametric time series models," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 130(2), pages 307-335, February.
- Xiaohong Chen & Wei Biao Wu & Yanping Yi, 2009. "Efficient Estimation of Copula-based Semiparametric Markov Models," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 1691, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University, revised Mar 2009.
- Charpentier, Arthur & Segers, Johan, 2007. "Lower tail dependence for Archimedean copulas: Characterizations and pitfalls," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 40(3), pages 525-532, May.
- Brendan K. Beare, 2010. "Copulas and Temporal Dependence," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 78(1), pages 395-410, 01.
- Beatriz Vaz de Melo Mendes & Cecília Aíube, 2011. "Copula based models for serial dependence," International Journal of Managerial Finance, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 7(1), pages 68-82, February.
- Righi, Marcelo Brutti & Ceretta, Paulo Sergio, 2013. "Estimating non-linear serial and cross-interdependence between financial assets," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 37(3), pages 837-846.
- Meyer, Margaret A & Strulovici, Bruno, 2013.
"The Supermodular Stochastic Ordering,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
9486, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Margaret Meyer & Bruno Strulovici, 2013. "The Supermodular Stochastic Ordering," Discussion Papers 1563, Northwestern University, Center for Mathematical Studies in Economics and Management Science.
- Margaret Meyer & Bruno Strulovici, 2013. "The Supermodular Stochastic Ordering," Economics Series Working Papers 655, University of Oxford, Department of Economics.
- Beare, Brendan K. & Seo, Juwon, 2012. "Time irreversible copula-based Markov Models," University of California at San Diego, Economics Working Paper Series qt31f8500p, Department of Economics, UC San Diego.
- Oleg Sokolinskiy & Dick van Dijk, 2011. "Forecasting Volatility with Copula-Based Time Series Models," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 11-125/4, Tinbergen Institute.
- Cherubini, Umberto & Mulinacci, Sabrina & Romagnoli, Silvia, 2011. "A copula-based model of speculative price dynamics in discrete time," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 102(6), pages 1047-1063, July.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Lisa Schiff).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.