Diagnostics for IV Regressions
AbstractThe use of residuals from the structural equations in a simultaneous-equations model can lead to misleading measures of association and to invalid diagnostic statistics for heteroscedasticity and functional form misspecifications. The issue of appropriate measures of goodness-of-fit for IV regression is addressed in Pesaran and Smith (1994). This paper considers the problem of appropriate construction of diagnostics for IV regressions, and proposes simple tests for functional form misspecifications and heteroscedasticity.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge in its series Cambridge Working Papers in Economics with number 9709.
Date of creation: May 1997
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.econ.cam.ac.uk/index.htm
Other versions of this item:
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Ciani, Emanuele, 2012. "Informal adult care and caregivers' employment in Europe," Labour Economics, Elsevier, vol. 19(2), pages 155-164.
- Cervellati, Matteo & Sunde, Uwe, 2009.
"Life Expectancy and Economic Growth: The Role of the Demographic Transition,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
7361, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Matteo Cervellati & Uwe Sunde, 2011. "Life expectancy and economic growth: the role of the demographic transition," Journal of Economic Growth, Springer, vol. 16(2), pages 99-133, June.
- Cervellati, Matteo & Sunde, Uwe, 2009. "Life Expectancy and Economic Growth: The Role of the Demographic Transition," IZA Discussion Papers 4160, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- P. Dorian Owen & Stephen Knowles, 2008.
"Which Institutions are Good for Your Health? The Deep Determinants of Comparative Cross-country Health Status,"
0811, University of Otago, Department of Economics, revised Dec 2008.
- Stephen Knowles & P. Dorian Owen, 2010. "Which Institutions are Good for Your Health? The Deep Determinants of Comparative Cross-country Health Status," Journal of Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 46(4), pages 701-723.
- Christopher F Baum & Mark E. Schaffer & Steven Stillman, 2002.
"Instrumental variables and GMM: Estimation and testing,"
North American Stata Users' Group Meetings 2003
05, Stata Users Group.
- Christopher F Baum & Mark E. Schaffer & Steven Stillman, 2003. "Instrumental variables and GMM: Estimation and testing," Stata Journal, StataCorp LP, vol. 3(1), pages 1-31, March.
- Christopher F Baum & Mark E. Schaffer & Steven Stillman, 2002. "Instrumental variables and GMM: Estimation and testing," United Kingdom Stata Users' Group Meetings 2003 02, Stata Users Group.
- Christopher F Baum & Mark E. Schaffer & Steven Stillman, 2002. "Instrumental variables and GMM: Estimation and testing," Boston College Working Papers in Economics 545, Boston College Department of Economics, revised 14 Feb 2003.
- Desbordes, Rodolphe, 2011. "The non-linear effects of life expectancy on economic growth," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 112(1), pages 116-118, July.
- Eskander Alvi & Debasri Mukherjee & Ashraf Eid, 2007. "Do Patent Protection and Technology Transfer Facilitate R&D in Developed and Emerging Countries? A Semiparametric Study," Atlantic Economic Journal, International Atlantic Economic Society, vol. 35(2), pages 217-231, June.
- Stephen Martin & Nigel Rice & Peter C Smith, 2008. "The link between health care spending and health outcomes for the new English Primary Care Trusts," Working Papers 042cherp, Centre for Health Economics, University of York.
- Wallentin, Bo & Agren, Anders, 2002. "Test of heteroscedasticity in a regression model in the presence of measurement errors," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 76(2), pages 205-211, July.
- Schwab, Olaf & Bull, Gary & Maness, Thomas, 2005. "A mill-specific roundwood demand equation for southern and central Finland," Journal of Forest Economics, Elsevier, vol. 11(2), pages 95-106, September.
- Stephen Martin & Nigel Rice & Peter C Smith, 2007. "Further evidence on the link between health care spending and health outcomes in England," Working Papers 032cherp, Centre for Health Economics, University of York.
- Forgionne, Guisseppi & Guo, Zhiling, 2009. "Internal supply chain coordination in the electric utility industry," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 196(2), pages 619-627, July.
- Martin, Stephen & Rice, Nigel & Smith, Peter C., 2008. "Does health care spending improve health outcomes? Evidence from English programme budgeting data," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 27(4), pages 826-842, July.
- MacDonald, Peter, 2013. "Labour substitution and the scope for military outsourcing," MPRA Paper 46688, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Ott, Herve, 2012. "Which factors drive which volatility in the grain sector?," 123rd Seminar, February 23-24, 2012, Dublin, Ireland 122486, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Ali, Mubarik & Farooq, Umar, 2004. "Dietary Diversity And Rural Labor Productivity: Evidence From Pakistan," 2004 Annual meeting, August 1-4, Denver, CO 20310, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Howard Cobb).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.