The Long-Run Effect of Permanent Disinflations
AbstractThis paper looks at the long term output effect of those monetary policies aimed at reducing inflation from its peak by late seventies, in nine major OECD countries. The estimated effect depends on the way nominal shocks are identified. Alternatively to the cross-country regression analysis we estimate a structural VAR model in output, inflation and unemployment.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Banco de Espa�a in its series Banco de Espa�a Working Papers with number 9825.
Length: 55 pages
Date of creation: 1998
Date of revision:
INFLATION ; PRICES ; CENTRAL BANKS ; ECONOMIC GROWTH;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- E31 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Prices, Business Fluctuations, and Cycles - - - Price Level; Inflation; Deflation
- E58 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Monetary Policy, Central Banking, and the Supply of Money and Credit - - - Central Banks and Their Policies
- O4 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Growth and Aggregate Productivity
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Fève, Patrick & Matheron, Julien & Sahuc, Jean-Guillaume, 2009.
"Disinflation Shocks in the Eurozone: a DSGE Perspective,"
TSE Working Papers
09-080, Toulouse School of Economics (TSE).
- Patrick Fève & Julien Matheron & Jean-Guillaume Sahuc, 2010. "Disinflation Shocks in the Eurozone: A DSGE Perspective," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 42(2-3), pages 289-323, 03.
- Fève, Patrick & Matheron, Julien & Sahuc, Jean-Guillaume, 2007. "Disinflation Shocks in the Eurozone: a DSGE Perspective," IDEI Working Papers 483, Institut d'Économie Industrielle (IDEI), Toulouse.
- repec:eso:journl:v:33:y:2002:i:2:p:195-222 is not listed on IDEAS
- Ángel Estrada & Ignacio Hernando & J. David López-Salido, 2000. "Measuring the NAIRU in the Spanish Economy," Banco de Espaï¿½a Working Papers 0009, Banco de Espa�a.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Mar�a Beiro. Electronic Dissemination of Information Unit. Research Department. Banco de Espa�a).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.