What Should Policymakers Know About Economic Complexity?
AbstractThis essay is written with two goals. the first is to outline the main ideas underlying the growing study of complex economic environment. The second is to suggest areas of public policy where those ideas might be important.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Wisconsin Madison - Social Systems in its series Working papers with number 9721.
Length: 19 pages
Date of creation: 1997
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: UNIVERSITY OF WISCONSIN MADISON, SOCIAL SYSTEMS RESEARCH INSTITUTE(S.S.R.I.), MADISON WISCONSIN 53706 U.S.A.
Other versions of this item:
- Steven N. Durlauf, 1997. "What Should Policymakers Know About Economic Complexity?," Working Papers 97-10-080, Santa Fe Institute.
- C60 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Mathematical Methods; Programming Models; Mathematical and Simulation Modeling - - - General
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Alejandro Reveiz Herault, 2008.
"Artificial Markets under a Complexity Perspective,"
BORRADORES DE ECONOMIA
004616, BANCO DE LA REPÚBLICA.
- Brock, William A., 2000. "Whither nonlinear?," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 24(5-7), pages 663-678, June.
- Dimitris Kremmydas, 2012. "Agent based modeling for agricultural policy evaluation: A review," Working Papers 2012-3, Agricultural University of Athens, Department Of Agricultural Economics.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ailsenne Sumwalt).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.