Bounding Disagreements About Treatment Effects: A Case Study of Sentencing and Recidivism
AbstractIn this paper we obtain bounds under weaker nonparametric assumptions and explore how the bounds with assumptions imposed.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Wisconsin Madison - Social Systems in its series Working papers with number 9526r.
Length: 44 pages
Date of creation: 1996
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: UNIVERSITY OF WISCONSIN MADISON, SOCIAL SYSTEMS RESEARCH INSTITUTE(S.S.R.I.), MADISON WISCONSIN 53706 U.S.A.
HEALTH; EVALUATION; ECONOMETRICS; LAW;
Other versions of this item:
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- C10 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - General
- C14 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - Semiparametric and Nonparametric Methods: General
- K10 - Law and Economics - - Basic Areas of Law - - - General (Constitutional Law)
- K14 - Law and Economics - - Basic Areas of Law - - - Criminal Law
- K40 - Law and Economics - - Legal Procedure, the Legal System, and Illegal Behavior - - - General
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Volker Meier, 2001. "On Prison and Therapy," European Journal of Law and Economics, Springer, vol. 12(1), pages 47-56, July.
- Hidehiko Ichimura & Christopher Taber, 2000.
"Direct estimation of policy impacts,"
IFS Working Papers
W00/05, Institute for Fiscal Studies.
- Ichimura, H & Taber, C, 2000. "Direct estimation of policy impacts," Open Access publications from University College London http://discovery.ucl.ac.u, University College London.
- Hidehiko Ichimura & Christopher R. Taber, 2000. "Direct Estimation of Policy Impacts," NBER Technical Working Papers 0254, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Charles F. Manski, 1999. "Statistical Treatment Rules for Heterogeneous Populations: With Application to Randomized Experiments," NBER Technical Working Papers 0242, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- FFF1Susan NNN1Watkins & FFF2Ina NNN2Warriner, 2003. "How do we know we need to control for selectivity?," Demographic Research Special Collections, Max Planck Institute for Demographic Research, Rostock, Germany, vol. 1(4), pages 109-142, September.
- John V. Pepper, 1999.
"What Do Welfare-to-Work Demonstrations Reveal to Welfare Reformers?,"
Virginia Economics Online Papers
317, University of Virginia, Department of Economics.
- John V. Pepper, 1999. "What Do Welfare-to-Work Demonstrations Reveal to Welfare Reformers?," JCPR Working Papers 105, Northwestern University/University of Chicago Joint Center for Poverty Research.
- Gonzalez, Libertad, 2004.
"Nonparametric Bounds on the Returns to Language Skills,"
IZA Discussion Papers
1098, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Libertad González, 2005. "Nonparametric bounds on the returns to language skills," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 20(6), pages 771-795.
- Libertad González, 2003. "Nonparametric bounds on the returns to language skills," Economics Working Papers 714, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra.
- Jere R. Behrman & Hans-Peter Kohler & Susan Cotts Watkins, 2001. "How can we measure the causal effects of social networks using observational data? Evidence from the diffusion of family planning and AIDS worries in South Nyanza District, Kenya," MPIDR Working Papers WP-2001-022, Max Planck Institute for Demographic Research, Rostock, Germany.
- Charles Mullin, 2000. "Bounding Causal Effects with Contaminated and Censored Data: Reassessing the Impact of Early Childbearing on Children," Vanderbilt University Department of Economics Working Papers 0039, Vanderbilt University Department of Economics.
- Charles F. Manski, 2000. "Using Studies of Treatment Response to Inform Treatment Choice in Heterogeneous Populations," NBER Technical Working Papers 0263, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Adam Rosen, 2006.
"Confidence sets for partially identified parameters that satisfy a finite number of moment inequalities,"
CeMMAP working papers
CWP25/06, Centre for Microdata Methods and Practice, Institute for Fiscal Studies.
- Rosen, Adam M., 2008. "Confidence sets for partially identified parameters that satisfy a finite number of moment inequalities," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 146(1), pages 107-117, September.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ailsenne Sumwalt).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.