Dynamic Process of Money Transfer Models
AbstractWe have studied numerically the statistical mechanics of the dynamic phenomena, including money circulation and economic mobility, in some transfer models. The models on which our investigations were performed are the basic model proposed by A. Dragulescu and V. Yakovenko , the model with uniform saving rate developed by A. Chakraborti and B.K. Chakrabarti , and its extended model with diverse saving rate . The velocity of circulation is found to be inversely related with the average holding time of money. In order to check the nature of money transferring process in these models, we demonstrated the probability distributions of holding time. In the model with uniform saving rate, the distribution obeys exponential law, which indicates money transfer here is a kind of Poisson process. But when the saving rate is set diversely, the holding time distribution follows a power law. The velocity can also be deduced from a typical individual's optimal choice. In this way, an approach for building the micro-foundation of velocity is provided. In order to expose the dynamic mechanism behind the distribution in microscope, we examined the mobility by collecting the time series of agents' rank and measured it by employing an index raised by economists. In the model with uniform saving rate, the higher saving rate, the slower agents moves in the economy. Meanwhile, all of the agents have the same chance to be the rich. However, it is not the case in the model with diverse saving rate, where the assumed economy falls into stratification. The volatility distribution of the agents' ranks are also demonstrated to distinguish the differences among these models.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by arXiv.org in its series Papers with number physics/0507162.
Date of creation: Jul 2005
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://arxiv.org/
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Jean-Philippe Bouchaud & Marc Mezard, 2000. "Wealth condensation in a simple model of economy," Science & Finance (CFM) working paper archive 500026, Science & Finance, Capital Fund Management.
- N. Ding & N. Xi & Y. Wang, 2003.
"Effects of saving and spending patterns on holding time distribution,"
The European Physical Journal B - Condensed Matter and Complex Systems,
Springer, vol. 36(1), pages 149-153, November.
- Ning Ding & Ning Xi & Yougui Wang, 2005. "Effects of Saving and Spending Patterns on Holding Time Distribution," Papers physics/0507149, arXiv.org.
- Anirban Chakraborti & Bikas K. Chakrabarti, 2000. "Statistical mechanics of money: How saving propensity affects its distribution," Papers cond-mat/0004256, arXiv.org, revised Jun 2000.
- Nicola Scafetta & Sergio Picozzi & Bruce J. West, 2004. "An out-of-equilibrium model of the distributions of wealth," Papers cond-mat/0403045, arXiv.org.
- Nicola Scafetta & Sergio Picozzi & Bruce West, 2004. "An out-of-equilibrium model of the distributions of wealth," Quantitative Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 4(3), pages 353-364.
- Wang, Yougui & Qiu, Hanqing, 2005. "The velocity of money in a life-cycle model," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 353(C), pages 493-500.
- Ning Ding & Ning Xi & Yougui Wang, 2005. "The Economic Mobility in Money Transfer," Papers physics/0507158, arXiv.org, revised Jul 2005.
- A. Chakraborti & B.K. Chakrabarti, 2000. "Statistical mechanics of money: how saving propensity affects its distribution," The European Physical Journal B - Condensed Matter and Complex Systems, Springer, vol. 17(1), pages 167-170, September.
- Chatterjee, Arnab & K. Chakrabarti, Bikas & Manna, S.S, 2004. "Pareto law in a kinetic model of market with random saving propensity," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 335(1), pages 155-163.
- Arnab Chatterjee & Bikas K. Chakrabarti & S. S. Manna, 2003. "Pareto Law in a Kinetic Model of Market with Random Saving Propensity," Papers cond-mat/0301289, arXiv.org, revised Jan 2004.
- Bouchaud, Jean-Philippe & Mézard, Marc, 2000. "Wealth condensation in a simple model of economy," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 282(3), pages 536-545.
- Huang, Jing & Wang, Yougui, 2014. "The time-dependent characteristics of relative mobility," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 37(C), pages 291-295.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (arXiv administrators).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.