Pareto Law in a Kinetic Model of Market with Random Saving Propensity
AbstractWe have numerically simulated the ideal-gas models of trading markets, where each agent is identified with a gas molecule and each trading as an elastic or money-conserving two-body collision. Unlike in the ideal gas, we introduce (quenched) saving propensity of the agents, distributed widely between the agents ($0 \le \lambda
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by arXiv.org in its series Papers with number cond-mat/0301289.
Date of creation: Jan 2003
Date of revision: Jan 2004
Publication status: Published in Physica A v.335 (2004) p.155-163
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://arxiv.org/
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Chakrabarti, Anindya S., 2011. "An almost linear stochastic map related to the particle system models of social sciences," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 390(23), pages 4370-4378.
- G. Toscani & C. Brugna & S. Demichelis, 2012. "Kinetic models for the trading of goods," Papers 1208.6305, arXiv.org.
- John Angle, 2007. "The Macro Model of the Inequality Process and The Surging Relative Frequency of Large Wage Incomes," Papers 0705.3430, arXiv.org.
- Yougui Wang & Ning Ding, 2005. "Dynamic Process of Money Transfer Models," Papers physics/0507162, arXiv.org.
- Shu-Heng Chen & Sai-Ping Li, 2011. "Econophysics: Bridges over a Turbulent Current," Papers 1107.5373, arXiv.org.
- B. Düring & G. Toscani, 2007.
"Hydrodynamics from kinetic models of conservative economies,"
CoFE Discussion Paper
07-06, Center of Finance and Econometrics, University of Konstanz.
- Düring, B. & Toscani, G., 2007. "Hydrodynamics from kinetic models of conservative economies," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 384(2), pages 493-506.
- Sitabhra Sinha, 2005. "The Rich Are Different!: Pareto Law from asymmetric interactions in asset exchange models," Papers physics/0504197, arXiv.org.
- J. R. Iglesias & R. M. C. de Almeida, 2011. "Entropy and equilibrium state of free market models," Papers 1108.5725, arXiv.org.
- Victor M. Yakovenko & J. Barkley Rosser, 2009. "Colloquium: Statistical mechanics of money, wealth, and income," Papers 0905.1518, arXiv.org, revised Dec 2009.
- Bertram Düring & Daniel Matthes & Giuseppe Toscani, 2008. "A Boltzmann-type Approach to the Formation of Wealth Distribution Curves," CoFE Discussion Paper 08-05, Center of Finance and Econometrics, University of Konstanz.
- Yougui Wang & Ning Ding & Ning Xi, 2005. "Prospects for Money Transfer Models," Papers physics/0507161, arXiv.org.
- Arnab Chatterjee & Bikas K Chakrabarti, 2005. "Ideal-Gas Like Markets: Effect of Savings," Papers physics/0507136, arXiv.org, revised Jul 2005.
- F. Chami Figueira & N. J. Moura Jr & Marcelo B. Ribeiro, 2010.
"The Gompertz-Pareto Income Distribution,"
- Chami Figueira, F. & Moura, N.J. & Ribeiro, M.B., 2011. "The Gompertz–Pareto income distribution," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 390(4), pages 689-698.
- Patriarca, Marco & Chakraborti, Anirban & Germano, Guido, 2006. "Influence of saving propensity on the power-law tail of the wealth distribution," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 369(2), pages 723-736.
- Coelho, Ricardo & Richmond, Peter & Barry, Joseph & Hutzler, Stefan, 2008. "Double power laws in income and wealth distributions," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 387(15), pages 3847-3851.
- Chakrabarti, Anindya S. & Chakrabarti, Bikas K., 2010. "Statistical theories of income and wealth distribution," Economics - The Open-Access, Open-Assessment E-Journal, Kiel Institute for the World Economy, vol. 4(4), pages 1-31.
- Maldarella, Dario & Pareschi, Lorenzo, 2012. "Kinetic models for socio-economic dynamics of speculative markets," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 391(3), pages 715-730.
- Angle, John, 2011. "The particle system model of income and wealth more likely to imply an analogue of thermodynamics in social science," MPRA Paper 28864, University Library of Munich, Germany.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (arXiv administrators).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.