The Exact Value for European Options on a Stock Paying a Discrete Dividend
AbstractIn the context of a Black-Scholes economy and with a no-arbitrage argument, we derive arbitrarily accurate lower and upper bounds for the value of European options on a stock paying a discrete dividend. Setting the option price error below the smallest monetary unity, both bounds coincide, and we obtain the exact value of the option.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by arXiv.org in its series Papers with number math/0609212.
Date of creation: Sep 2006
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://arxiv.org/
Other versions of this item:
- Amaro de Matos, Joao & Dilao, Rui & Ferreira, Bruno, 2006. "The exact value for European options on a stock paying a discrete dividend," MPRA Paper 701, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- G12 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Asset Pricing
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Cox, John C. & Ross, Stephen A., 1976. "The valuation of options for alternative stochastic processes," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 3(1-2), pages 145-166.
- Harrison, J. Michael & Kreps, David M., 1979. "Martingales and arbitrage in multiperiod securities markets," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 20(3), pages 381-408, June.
- Merton, Robert C, 1976. "The Impact on Option Pricing of Specification Error in the Underlying Stock Price Returns," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 31(2), pages 333-50, May.
- Black, Fischer & Scholes, Myron S, 1973. "The Pricing of Options and Corporate Liabilities," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 81(3), pages 637-54, May-June.
- Martina Nardon & Paolo Pianca, 2008. "An efficient binomial approach to the pricing of options on stocks with cash dividends," Working Papers 178, Department of Applied Mathematics, Università Ca' Foscari Venezia.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (arXiv administrators).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.