Some remarks on first passage of Levy processes, the American put and pasting principles
AbstractThe purpose of this article is to provide, with the help of a fluctuation identity, a generic link between a number of known identities for the first passage time and overshoot above/below a fixed level of a Levy process and the solution of Gerber and Shiu [Astin Bull. 24 (1994) 195-220], Boyarchenko and Levendorskii [Working paper series EERS 98/02 (1998), Unpublished manuscript (1999), SIAM J. Control Optim. 40 (2002) 1663-1696], Chan [Original unpublished manuscript (2000)], Avram, Chan and Usabel [Stochastic Process. Appl. 100 (2002) 75-107], Mordecki [Finance Stoch. 6 (2002) 473-493], Asmussen, Avram and Pistorius [Stochastic Process. Appl. 109 (2004) 79-111] and Chesney and Jeanblanc [Appl. Math. Fin. 11 (2004) 207-225] to the American perpetual put optimal stopping problem. Furthermore, we make folklore precise and give necessary and sufficient conditions for smooth pasting to occur in the considered problem.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by arXiv.org in its series Papers with number math/0508487.
Date of creation: Aug 2005
Date of revision:
Publication status: Published in Annals of Applied Probability 2005, Vol. 15, No. 3, 2062-2080
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://arxiv.org/
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Ariel Almendral & Cornelis W. Oosterlee, 2007. "On American Options Under the Variance Gamma Process," Applied Mathematical Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 14(2), pages 131-152.
- Ernesto Mordecki, 2002. "Optimal stopping and perpetual options for Lévy processes," Finance and Stochastics, Springer, vol. 6(4), pages 473-493.
- Marc Chesney & M. Jeanblanc, 2004. "Pricing American currency options in an exponential Levy model," Applied Mathematical Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 11(3), pages 207-225.
- Gapeev, Pavel V., 2008. "The integral option in a model with jumps," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 78(16), pages 2623-2631, November.
- Kwaśnicki, Mateusz & Małecki, Jacek & Ryznar, Michał, 2013. "First passage times for subordinate Brownian motions," Stochastic Processes and their Applications, Elsevier, vol. 123(5), pages 1820-1850.
- Erhan Bayraktar, 2009.
"On the perpetual American put options for level dependent volatility models with jumps,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 11(3), pages 335-341.
- Erhan Bayraktar, 2007. "On the Perpetual American Put Options for Level Dependent Volatility Models with Jumps," Papers math/0703538, arXiv.org, revised Jan 2009.
- Erhan Bayraktar, 2007. "A Proof of the Smoothness of the Finite Time Horizon American Put Option for Jump Diffusions," Papers math/0703782, arXiv.org, revised Dec 2008.
- Egami, Masahiko & Leung, Tim & Yamazaki, Kazutoshi, 2013.
"Default swap games driven by spectrally negative Lévy processes,"
Stochastic Processes and their Applications,
Elsevier, vol. 123(2), pages 347-384.
- Masahiko Egami & Tim S. T. Leung & Kazutoshi Yamazaki, 2011. "Default Swap Games Driven by Spectrally Negative Levy Processes," Papers 1105.0238, arXiv.org, revised Sep 2012.
- Christensen, Sören & Salminen, Paavo & Ta, Bao Quoc, 2013. "Optimal stopping of strong Markov processes," Stochastic Processes and their Applications, Elsevier, vol. 123(3), pages 1138-1159.
- Bo, Lijun & Song, Renming & Tang, Dan & Wang, Yongjin & Yang, Xuewei, 2012. "Lévy risk model with two-sided jumps and a barrier dividend strategy," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 50(2), pages 280-291.
- Luis H. R. Alvarez & Teppo A. Rakkolainen, 2006.
"A Class of Solvable Optimal Stopping Problems of Spectrally Negative Jump Diffusions,"
9, Aboa Centre for Economics.
- Luis H. R. Alvarez E. & Pekka Matom\"aki & Teppo A. Rakkolainen, 2013. "A Class of Solvable Optimal Stopping Problems of Spectrally Negative Jump Diffusions," Papers 1302.4181, arXiv.org.
- Boyarchenko, Svetlana & Levendorskii, Sergei, 2008. "Exit problems in regime-switching models," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 44(2), pages 180-206, January.
- Medvedev, Alexey & Scaillet, Olivier, 2010. "Pricing American options under stochastic volatility and stochastic interest rates," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 98(1), pages 145-159, October.
- Dayanik, Savas & Sezer, Semih O., 2006. "Sequential testing of simple hypotheses about compound Poisson processes," Stochastic Processes and their Applications, Elsevier, vol. 116(12), pages 1892-1919, December.
- R. Stockbridge, 2014. "Discussion of dynamic programming and linear programming approaches to stochastic control and optimal stopping in continuous time," Metrika, Springer, vol. 77(1), pages 137-162, January.
- Christensen, Sören & Irle, Albrecht, 2009. "A note on pasting conditions for the American perpetual optimal stopping problem," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 79(3), pages 349-353, February.
- Pavel V. Gapeev, 2006. "Perpetual Barrier Options in Jump-Diffusion Models," SFB 649 Discussion Papers SFB649DP2006-058, Sonderforschungsbereich 649, Humboldt University, Berlin, Germany.
- Jukka Lempa, 2008. "On infinite horizon optimal stopping of general random walk," Computational Statistics, Springer, vol. 67(2), pages 257-268, April.
- Rama Cont & Cecilia Mancini, 2010. "Nonparametric tests for pathwise properties of semimartingales," Working Papers - Mathematical Economics 2010-02, Universita' degli Studi di Firenze, Dipartimento di Scienze per l'Economia e l'Impresa.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (arXiv administrators).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.